cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code CS2004

Ken70
On our wavelength

Hi folks,

Had Virgin tv  ( 360 & mini ) installed on 9th December and all is well except that certain channels on the mini are displaying Error Code 2004 on certain channels.  This is not intermiitent, but permanent.  I've checked on different days and at different times but the error remains.  The main box has no problem with these channels.

I had a look around DigitalBitrates website and saw that the missing channels are all on one mux ( CO64 ) so I'm assuming that the mini may not be processing this mux's frequency:

CO64ChannelMux.jpg

I've done all the troubleshooting as per the VM website but the fault remains.  The only thing left is to swap over the main and mini boxes to see if the fault is with the mini's cable from the external junction box ( although I doubt it ).

Worth a try, or will doing this mess up something?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Always a good thing to try for problem determination but the fault probably lies with the signal level at the faulty location being slightly out, requiring an engineer visit.

It could be a badly seated cable (which may resolve by taking the swapping action).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Always a good thing to try for problem determination but the fault probably lies with the signal level at the faulty location being slightly out, requiring an engineer visit.

It could be a badly seated cable (which may resolve by taking the swapping action).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ken70
On our wavelength

@Ernie_C .  Thanks for that.  I've done the box swap, moving the main fault-free box to the problem location ( bedroom ) , and the same channels are still missing, so yes, it looks like a cable connection issue.

Can an engineer call out be sorted from the forum or should I contact Customer Services and explain it all to them?

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ken70 

It depends how quickly you want it fixing. 

You can wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Or you should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although I would add that. especially if you get through to an offshore agent, mentioning muxes & DBR probably isn't the best idea and could cause confusion.

Keep to a simple explanation - I have pixellation, I have rebooted my box several times and the problem isn't resolved.

There's also been a few posts on here recently where the wait for a tech visit is around 4-5 days. Given the Christmas shutdown, I would bear that in mind in deciding how soon you want your appointment booked.

Ken70
On our wavelength

@japitts. Yes, I'll keep it simple 😊 I've just been on to CS but was advised of high call volume so had to abandon the call. I'll try again this evening. 

Ken70
On our wavelength

Tech visit sorted. Wednesday 21st Dec. Thanks all. 👍

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ken70,

Thanks for the update on this - I'm glad to hear you've had a Technician booked in to resolve this. Please do let us know how things go, and we'll be on hand to support you.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Ken70
On our wavelength

Tech arrived on time. Did signal test and checked cabling. The fault was wiring in the brown junction box. All sorted. Internet speed also back up to where it should be. Cheers. 👍😁

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this Ken70,

I'm glad the matter is now resolved for yourself.

Do pop back up to the team if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain