cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code CS1011

steviegib
Tuning in

Decided to add a tv package to my existing broadband package. Self install. Boot up box and after the usual welcome screens etc keep getting the error code cs1011.  I have phoned customer services numerous times, given them the serial number of the box numerous times.

Was told 2 days ago to wait 4 hours and try again. Didn't work. 

Called again and after ages on the phone was told to wait 24 hours. Did that.

Phoned again and was told I couldn't activate box because of the bad winds we experienced on Friday night.

Rebooted box the morning (saturday) same message Error 1011.

Called customer services AGAIN after giving box serial humber yet again and going through the reboot which failed again error code 1011.

Now been told it could take upto 5 days to activate box.

Really wish now I hadn't bothered upgrading and really annoyed at the don't care attitude of virginmedia  staff.

Can anyone on the tech team help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily the advice here would be to call in and get this sorted - it should be quicker.

Clearly you've tried that and have failed through no fault of your own, I will therefore flag this thread to forum staff for picking up sooner than would otherwise be the case. That should hopefully get you a response later today or at worst tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily the advice here would be to call in and get this sorted - it should be quicker.

Clearly you've tried that and have failed through no fault of your own, I will therefore flag this thread to forum staff for picking up sooner than would otherwise be the case. That should hopefully get you a response later today or at worst tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear of the issues with the activation of the set top box @steviegib,

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

steviegib
Tuning in

Day 4 and still unable to activate tv box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you picked up the PM from the forum team?

Click on the purple envelope in the top-right of the forum screen if you haven't already.

Yes done that spoke to mod and still no further forward now waiting on tech team getting round to activating tv box.

Good Morning @steviegib, and I'm sorry this is still ongoing, is it possible to give me and update on this today?

For the benefit of the thread, this issue has been logged on a ticket - completed by our 2nd line tech team.

We do of course hope this can be resolved as soon as possible for the OP

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Tv360 box has been activated. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear it steviegib, thanks for keeping the thread update it's appreciated. If you encounter any more problems please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

tom