cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error CS6031 -We can’t find your hard drive

Hursty80
Tuning in

my mini box has been fine until recently. Suddenly when trying to watch a recording of states ‘Error CS6031 - We can’t find your hard drive’. Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hursty80,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you've been having some issues with your TV box.

I can see from our side that you've been able to get in touch and everything looks to be resolved, if you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your minibox doesn't have a hard drive, it slaves recordings from your masterbox.

Is your master box set to either Active Start or Fast Start? That enables the minibox to "wake up" the master as & when required.

Can you view the same recording from your masterbox? Just to prove the issue isn't there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply. Both are set to fast start and yes I can watch recordings from the master box.

I’ve never had the problem until very recently. I was able to view all recordings and even set programmes to record from the mini.

Anybody from Virgin able to give advice on this please

Are you using your own router or just the Virgin hub. Have you checked the diagnostics on the mini box for the network connection, I assume you can watch on demand and catchup OK. You could try turning everything off and then resetting the Virgin hub and then turning the boxes back on.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hursty80 wrote:

Anybody from Virgin able to give advice on this please

This is primarily a user-community forum, but VM staff will wade in here when necessary or when peer-based support has been exhausted.

Roy's made some good points - if you've proven the master box's HDD as not being the problem, then the next bit of the equation to eliminate is the connection between the hub & each box. VoD is a good test of that.

I suspect that's not the cause here, but is good to eliminate. Once all that's confirmed, and the problem is still ongoing, then you'll need to report the fault. Either by calling in, or waiting here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve tried all of the above with no success unfortunately. Looks like I’ll have to make a phone call

Hi Hursty80,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you've been having some issues with your TV box.

I can see from our side that you've been able to get in touch and everything looks to be resolved, if you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm