cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error CS2511 Playback not possible

g0akc
Problem sorter

I'd like to watch the NFL match replays (Sky Sports Mix) which are shown as being available (in the guide on the TV box or iPhone app) but whenever I try to play them it shows 'playback not possible' and error code CS2511.

I've little appetite to call 150.

Any ideas what the issue is or how to resolve it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
31 REPLIES 31

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Kain_W wrote:

Apologies for the issues faced g0akc,

To clarify when was it advised that the matter has been passed through to the FMS team?

Regards,

I was told that on a chat on 1st February - I can PM you the trouble call reference number if required.  I was told 5 days to fix/respond/resolve time.

It's now 8PM on the 7th February but the issue remains ongoing - not fixed.  I checked it again this evening.

I received a text from VM this morning asking/suggesting a problem I reported was resolved and giving me a couple of days to get in touch or it will be assumed fixed - it is not.

I am now on chat waiting for an agent - been 20 minutes so far - trying to advise not fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

Unable to get through to an agent on 7th and 8th February despite being on hold for an hour each time - complaint now raised.

Hi G0akc! 👋 Thank you for keeping this thread updated so we can best offer support. 

Really sorry to hear the problem is still ongoing for you. I'm just going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so I can investigate further and see if we can get this sorted for you!

I appreciate you haven't had the best experience with this so far - sincerest apologies for this! Once I have taken the details I need via PM I will also take ownership of the complaint to also try and support getting this resolved. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! I will return to this public thread with an update when possible. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

g0akc
Problem sorter

Thanks.  I've replied to the PM.

I've also spoken to an agent (Tom) this morning (no one picking up on chat) and he has gone through a few checks.  Some receivers were a bit out, rebooted box again and so on.

He will try to chase FMS team/make enquiries but issue remains ongoing.

Any update, and resolution, will be appreciated.

g0akc
Problem sorter

A technician visit has now been scheduled by Tom - I’ll update with the outcome.

g0akc
Problem sorter

So the VM technician came this morning and tried various things - but unable to resolve the issue.  Nice guy and very helpful.

Tried;

• Different channels again - only Sky Sports Mix has the issue - other Sky channels such as Sky History etc. playback okay.
  • Power cycled everything again
  • Checked/adjusted power levels - all good
  • Technician on to developer and support at VM end
  • Virgin not seen this issue previously, nothing in tech briefing notes etc.
  • Suspected might be because I am using my own router with Hub 3 in modem mode - so we disconnected my router, connected the TV360 box direct to the VM Hub 3 - on both modem mode and router mode - so all 'standard' - still the same issue - so ruled out my home network.
  • Tried launching from EPG, Catchup pages and Virgin app - Virgin TV Go - all give the same problem and error code with no playback

The fault is still open and incomplete - passed back to developer support - suspect 'network' issue?

As a last resort the technician may come back later in the week and replace the TV360 box - we are managing any recordings accordingly.  Will make a new appointment to do so.

g0akc
Problem sorter

Update - VM FMS team rang me.  After some basic questions their agent went and checked.  

Now saying lots of other customers have reported this issue - being escalated to UK teams for resolution.

Expect fix within about 48 hours - will call me back to update/advise me.

I’ve sent a text to the VM field technician to keep him in the loop.

g0akc
Problem sorter

There’s now a suspicion that this issue affects boxes that were updated from V6 - but not those produced/supplied as TV360.  

Would explain why some customers have it working okay and don’t see this issue.

I’m in contact with the technician about it.

g0akc
Problem sorter

@roy247 wrote:

Hi g0akc,

I have just tried the 4 highlight episodes showing on the TV guide for yesterday and they all play on my box.

Have you tried rebooting the box and if that doesn't work try rebooting the hub.

Roy - was your box a V6 updated to TV360 - or supplied as 360?

roy247
Community elder

@g0akc wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

Hi g0akc,

I have just tried the 4 highlight episodes showing on the TV guide for yesterday and they all play on my box.

Have you tried rebooting the box and if that doesn't work try rebooting the hub.

Roy - was your box a V6 updated to TV360 - or supplied as 360?

Arris V6 boxes were replaced by Humax 360 main and mini boxes in 2020.