cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error CS2511 Playback not possible

g0akc
Problem sorter

I'd like to watch the NFL match replays (Sky Sports Mix) which are shown as being available (in the guide on the TV box or iPhone app) but whenever I try to play them it shows 'playback not possible' and error code CS2511.

I've little appetite to call 150.

Any ideas what the issue is or how to resolve it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
31 REPLIES 31

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view Sky Sports Mix if you try to watch live?

Can you watch any other recordings? Can you pause live TV and watch delayed?

These two checks should help ID if this is a channel availability issue or an HDD issue

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi g0akc,

I have just tried the 4 highlight episodes showing on the TV guide for yesterday and they all play on my box.

Have you tried rebooting the box and if that doesn't work try rebooting the hub.

g0akc
Problem sorter

@japitts wrote:

Can you view Sky Sports Mix if you try to watch live?

Can you watch any other recordings? Can you pause live TV and watch delayed?

These two checks should help ID if this is a channel availability issue or an HDD issue

Yes, I can watch Sky Sports Mix live.  Have always been able to (with V6 and TV 360) and can now.

I can watch various other recordings, pause TV etc.   I notice that other content on the EPG for Sky Sport Mix that shows a play icon also gives the same error/issue.

I've not recorded this content - but it is supposed to be available off the platform as 'catch up'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

@roy247 wrote:

Hi g0akc,

I have just tried the 4 highlight episodes showing on the TV guide for yesterday and they all play on my box.

Have you tried rebooting the box and if that doesn't work try rebooting the hub.

That's useful to know.

I've already turned power off/on - issue persists.  I won't bother rebooting the hub which is in modem mode.  I use my own router but doubt that's the issue.  We can watch other catch up (other channels such as ITV) from the EPG or a search.

I guess I'll have to ring VM in case it's some sort of permissions thing.

g0akc
Problem sorter

After a load of hassle getting through on the phone, the agent claims there's an outage in my area (Ipswich, Suffolk).

The online service checker showed something but only mentioned audio on TalkSport as the specifics.

Resolution is said to be lunchtime on the 31st so I suppose I shall have to wait and try then.

A separate agent, via Chat, claims it will be resolved within 2 hours, network teams involved and so on - but it's been well over the 2 hours already...  VM seem to make things up as they go along...  Since there's this 'known issue in my area' they won't look into things any further.  Already asked me loads of stupid questions like check the cables to the box from the wall after already stating we are watching live TV in UHD okay.....

g0akc
Problem sorter

At least I have a workaround now in that it seems the episodes are being shown again on the linear channel over next couple of days so I’ve set a series link which is picking them up.

My thanks to those who responded..

g0akc
Problem sorter

This issue persists despite the VM agent's assertions that it would be resolved within a couple of hours and was due to a 'blip' in the Virgin Network.

Trouble is, because there's apparently an unrelated TV fault outstanding in our area, the VM CS staff just fob me off and won't look into it any further (this is a known issue with VM's fault reporting).

Please can a forum team member look at this and PM me as necessary.

thanks

g0akc
Problem sorter

Having been jerked around for a few days (and after the alleged area fault, which was clearly unrelated, is apparently fixed) I'm now told that this issue will need to be referred to the 'FMS team' with a 5 day resolution time.  Agent says she has put this through to them.

I have now been given a fault reference number.  Pity that could not have been done on Sunday, but there we are...

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced g0akc,

To clarify when was it advised that the matter has been passed through to the FMS team?

Regards,

Kain