cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 602

abbiet90
Joining in

Hi, we bought a film on our virgin yesterday & we have not been able to watch it due to error 602 keep turning it off! Will we be refunded for this? We can’t access our on demand services either!

Thanks,

abbie

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @abbiet90 

You've posted in the 360 forum, however  all 360 errors start with CS followed by the error code number.

There is a V6 error  though - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/602

Are you having any issues with live TV?

If you can't access On Demand this would seem to relate to an internet connection issue. 

Did you purchase the movie from the VM Store? This would need an internet connection to download the movie.

The V6 works best if connected with an ethernet cable. Are you using wifi or ethernet?

Using your remote go to  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

In the top-right, the box should say connected/online - what's the signal strength?

There are timestamps in the top-left corner. These usually operate on 6 hourly connection cycles and will show either Success,  or a reason for failure. If it's a failure what message does it show?

From the same screen you could then click on Connect to Virgin Media Service now.and make sure that it's successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Just to add to newapollo's advice have you tried restarting the hub, also do you get the same error when trying to watch on demand.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I concur with the previous posters that Error 602 is a TiVo-software code which is often either connectivity or HDCP related.

Which TV box do you have - I suspect it's a V6 which is not a TV360... check here if you're not sure - a V6 will also have the TiVo logo next to the video preview in the top-right of the menu, a TV360 won't.

If you can confirm these details, we can likely offer some more advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @abbiet90

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the On Demand and film issues. I can see from a system check, you've spoke to the team about this and got that film part resolved. You do however need a technician visit, as your TiVo® box has two input levels out of spec.

I'll send a PM now to book this in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill