cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer just left after install - No SKY SPORTS

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

I went for the Virgin OOMP Package which had all sports channels. Engineer says some channels take time to download. Went to SKY Sports and it says its not in my package.

Getting in touch with Virgin is a nightmare. Even the online CHAT is a silly BOT that takes you round in circles. 

If SKY Sports is not included I am not going to continue. How long do I have before I can cancel? Does anyone know? 

16 REPLIES 16

When you sign in it does list Maxit under My Package, if you look to the right you will see My Latest Bill, under that you will see check my contract details, click on that, that will say, You bought the Ultimate Oomph bundle and list Sky Sports and Cinema Collection etc.

Yes it does list as Maxit - I looked in the contract details it says your bought the Bigger Oomph Package - Does not say Ultimate. 

I checked channels as suggested by japitts:

Channel 401 - Does not work (asks me to upgrade) - Channel 527 works and channel 111 works.

As I said before - I dont get Sky Sports which is what I had wanted all along. 

Any help would be appreciated - I have limited time to cancel. 

Thanks to all. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IIRC "Bigger Oomph" comes with & without Sky Sports, so the million dollar question...

is it itemised on your contract as an add-on? If you have it, it should be. I suspect it won't be, and you'll need it adding. Everything thus far suggests Sky Sports isn't in your package.

Best way to rectify that is to call in - 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Explain that you thought you had it, you wanted it and would like to add it if not already.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On the phone right now with VM - Yes you are right - SKY Sports (514 which is the only one I want) is not included. Firmly believe its miss-selling  the bundles. When I signed up there was Ultimate Oomph bundle and I am pretty sure that is what I signed up for. Never came across (or at least dont recall) Bigger Oomph - and it appears thats what I ended up with. Now they want extra money to activate channel 514. A lot more money!!

It appears I will have to cancel. Lets see what happens - On the WhatsAPP interface with VM and they are trying to see what they can do. Good idea to use Whatsapp as I can carry on with work and it gives them time to check everything. Much better than holding on .... and ...on when you call 150.

Seems to me VM are trying. I hope the confusion with the bundles is accidental and not deliberate sales ploy. 

No luck with VM on the phone. They wanted loads more money. 

I pointed out that this web link https://www.cable.co.uk/providers/virgin-media/ is advertising what I want for loads of less money ... Was told "Thats for new customers only" .... What a joke ... I am a new customer.

Anyway - I will check my options and see what can be done about being misled like this.  

Interesting from the conversation  with VM they asked me if I was using the second box sent ... I never requested a second box but they sent me one anyway. I was told that the second box costs 10 pounds a month. Why did I get a box when I never asked for it or need it. 

Its all so very confusing. I am absolutely convinced i ordered the Ultimate Oomph package and someone that got translated into an order for a Bigger Oomp Bundle. The Ultimate has everything I need. That package is advertised (see link in my earlier post) today for even less than what I am paying. But VM want loads more to give it to me as I am "not a new customer".

Shameful stuff really. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shafiqhamid wrote:

I am a new customer.

Unfortunately, by the letter of the law, you're not. You're now an existing customer - depending on the date you signed up and whether you're in a position to invoke (or "offer to invoke") the 14day cancellation period. If not, then your options are inherently more limited.

I've no idea what price you've paid etc etc, and haven't played with the bundle builder , but the standard price for Sky Sports is £31.75/month in SD, £38.75 in HD. Equally the standard price for Ultimate Oomph is £139/month and I don't see any feasible reason why VM would give you a different package to what you'd ordered - that serves no-one's interests.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @shafiqhamid,

Many thanks for your recent posts - sorry to hear of the issues with your package, as well as the confusion with the additional box you've received.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and can see that you've managed to speak with our retentions team who have helped resolve this for you.

Please do feel free to drop back to the forums if there's anything you need further advice with.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide