cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer just left after install - No SKY SPORTS

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

I went for the Virgin OOMP Package which had all sports channels. Engineer says some channels take time to download. Went to SKY Sports and it says its not in my package.

Getting in touch with Virgin is a nightmare. Even the online CHAT is a silly BOT that takes you round in circles. 

If SKY Sports is not included I am not going to continue. How long do I have before I can cancel? Does anyone know? 

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's cover some basics - the Ultimate Oomph is a marketing name for the Maxit TV tier plus Sky Sports HD & Sky Cinema. So take another channel that's only in that package and see if you have access to that - Sky Cinema is in 401 upwards, and let's try BT Sport 1HD in 527 & Sky Witness HD on 111 which covers Maxit. Do you have these channels?

You have 14days cooling off from the date your services have been installed, but let's see if this can be fixed first before "going nuclear" as it were. If you login to your "myVirginMedia" online account, check your contract details - do they agree with what you're expecting?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

Mine was installed two days ago and I have exactly the same problem. No sky sports and I signed up for the Oomp + sports. Luckily my Sky Sports is still on from my Sky Dish. 

I wasn't sure about moving from Sky - I have 14 days to cancel which I will do if they dont honour what was advertised. 

I think SKY - VM - and the rest of them are all the same. Money grabbers .... Cant get any joy on the phone - dont have the patience to wait for hours!! Does VM have an email ID for complaints? Please if you could share. 

I went for the oomp thinking I would have the best of everything... as advertised. My bill is almost 100 pounds a month and I have no Sky Sports - the only things I mainly watch. 300 channels that I have no interest in watching. 

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

Sorry to hear your plight ... I am in the same boat. They asked for more money to add Sky Sports ... What they have given me is Sky Sports Mix ... Which is crap. Just fooling people by having multiple packages that are difficult to understand. 

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength
Please could you PM me too -- I really need to get this sorted.

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength
Never saw anything about Maxit TV ... I thought I had researched everything before joining. Is there any way to have this fixed? I am not paying anymore. i know I have 14 days (actually 12 days now) to cancel.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shafiqhamid 

Rather than create multiple posts across other threads (which have all been merged into one)... can you clarify some of the questions raised in my post-2 above?

The answers to that will assist other forum users in giving advice, and VM staff when they get round to this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi japitts - Sorry I should've answered the questions:

Checked on myvirgin after login and it does say I signed up for MAXIT TV.

I know that Sky Sports Cricket for example was greyed out the last time I checked. Wife watching I-player and cant be disturbed. I will check and report about Sky Cinema is in 401 upwards/ BT Sport 1HD in 527 / & Sky Witness HD on 111

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maxit itself doesn't include Sky Sports, that's a premium add-on. Does your paperwork, contract or bill specifically itemise SS as a separate item and/or mention Ultimate Oomph?

If my recollection is correct (and a couple of other VIPs have this bundle so can probably confirm), the contract should state "Ultimate Oomph" at the top, while the itemisation/breakdown below, will mention the add-ons including Sky Premiums.

This might help ID at what point in proceedings, your setup has gone wrong. Having said all that, you've mentioned in one of your posts "got no joy on the phone" - can you elaborate on that? Calling in should be the quickest way of fixing this.

Just adding to what japitts said,

When you sign in it does list Maxit under My Package, if you look to the right you will see My Latest Bill, under that you will see check my contract details, click on that, that will say, You bought the Ultimate Oomph bundle and list Sky Sports and Cinema Collection etc.