cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer failed to setup TV

gmicklewhite
Joining in

Following the initial install the engineer left without setting up the TV correctly. Another engineer attend today, however they were also unable to setup the TV. For three days I have had no TV and customer service seem unable to help. The TV does not retrieve my account details and instead times out and gives error code CS1012. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

TALON1973
Up to speed

Eh? Just plug the hdmi from the box to the tv. If it’s still not on phone virgin to update

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're seeing an error message on your TV from the 360, then the HDMI connection is fine.

Can you view live TV channels ok? If you've had 2 engineer visits I'd be concerned if you can't, but can you confirm?

What is it that you're trying to do, that's generating this error message? I'd guess OnDemand -  but again, can you confirm?

This could be an internet connectivity issue if so, but let's confirm these basics and go from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I get as far as the purple start up screen ‘fetching account details, this process can take up to 15 minutes’. The screen then errors and displays error code CS1012. I have been told it’s an account issue, but I’m struggling to get anyone to take ownership of it.

Might be best if you call 150 from a Virgin phone and take the " I am thinking of leaving " option and speak to retentions, hopefully they will be able to put you through to someone who can help if they can't do anything.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gmicklewhite wrote:

I get as far as the purple start up screen ‘fetching account details, this process can take up to 15 minutes’. The screen then errors and displays error code CS1012. I have been told it’s an account issue, but I’m struggling to get anyone to take ownership of it.

On the basis of the telephone C/S people not seeming to be getting anywhere with this, I've escalated this post to the forum staff to - hopefully - grab this by the scruff of it's neck and get some movement for you. I can't promise that, but here's hoping.

Ordinarily you'd be waiting a couple of days for a response on here, with my "magic wand" it should be considerably quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi gmicklewhite,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've not been able to enjoy your new TV service due to an error getting this activated on your account. We certainty understand the frustration caused due and can appreciate the inconvenience as you have already had two engineers’ visits. 

Remotely looking from our end, we have located your account, form the details you have provided form your community profile. We can see that this has been escalated by the visiting technician to the relevant team to get this sorted out for you already.

It seems you were advised this can take between 24-48 hours to resolve and that you have the technician’s number to call him directly if any issues. 

Please can you come back to us in the next 48 hours to make sure your TV services are back up and running?

Kind regards Jodi