cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade to V6 from TV360

CrazyTom2k2
Tuning in

Hi there!

I've been with VM for a year, although I've had a TV package with you guys for about 6-7 months.

When I signed up, I got given the Virgin TV360 service (as opposed to the V6/TiVo service that all of my family members use).

Comparing the 2, I found TV360 to be a significant downgrade to the experience that the V6/TiVo service gives you.

I really want to switch to V6 if possible - I've been told on the phone that this is something Virgin offer, was wondering if anyone could advise here?

I don't like TV360, and it's a buggy mess. Not only is it not fit for purpose, but the software also seems to break the HDMI ARC connection between my LG TV and Sony Home Theatre system.

Wish I'd been given the choice when I signed up for the TV package. Man.

Best wishes,

Tom 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

"TiVo is a product externally licensed from Virgin Media’s parent company whereas 360 (aka Horizon) is an in house system which they have full control over."

Rubbish. The firmware is created and updated by Ziggo. They have had the sync issue for a long time and never fixed it. All VM do is provide the colour scheme and graphics. If Ziggo haven't fixed it we won't get a fix. 

@stevemorgan wrote:

TiVo is a product externally licensed from Virgin Media’s parent company whereas 360 (aka Horizon) is an in house system which they have full control over.

FWIW My household find 360 night and day from TiVo and and the new system is far better compared to the clunky loaded menus of the past.

Pop your gripes on here and it is all fed back up the line. 

Rubbish. The firmware is created and updated by Ziggo. They have had the sync issue for a long time and never fixed it. All VM do is provide the colour scheme and graphics. If Ziggo haven't fixed it we won't get a fix. 

Hi jamesredfern thanks for posting.

We've responded to your point re: sync in another thread.

Regards

Lee_R

Ziggo is (part) owned by Virgin Media’s parent company Liberty Global who have released the ‘Horizon’ platform around their worldwide networks.

So it is an in house owned software unlike TiVo which is externally sourced and licensed.

The base software must be distributed by Liberty Global and then the companies like Ziggo and Virgin Media make changes to suite there platform i.e. colour changes logos etc. But they also must fix bugs suited to there infrastructure and functions as Virgin Media customers currently have a newer version of software that Ziggo.

Ginger_Dalek
Joining in

One option that no one's mentioned and could be a possible solution for you is you mentioned other family;y members having V6 boxes. Why not see if they will swap their V6 for your 360?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ginger_Dalek wrote:

One option that no one's mentioned and could be a possible solution for you is you mentioned other family;y members having V6 boxes. Why not see if they will swap their V6 for your 360?

This won't work.

Your account subscription will be setup for either TiVo or 360, and is address-specific. You can't just plug your box in at another property and expect it to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks