Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want Virgin 360!

crusader21
Tuning in

Hi there,

Very frustrating indeed this.

Some weeks ago I made some changes to my tv package and was offered an 'upgrade' to 360.

Upon reading up on it I've decided that it's not for me and that I'd wish to remain using tivo.

So I rang up and declined 360 by phone. Since then the 360 remote has arrived. I rang again and cancelled this 'upgrade' to 360 again. I've now received email notification that Ive changed from tivo to 360. I've rang again to cancel ....

What more can I do ??????

It feels like I am on a slippery slope to a service I do not want!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stevemorgan
Superfast

Once the order has been initiated and the remote/s have been delivered I have not seen any cancellation success stories.

Although there is a chance the email is an automated one, 360 ain't all that bad at all.

It is an entirely new experience which does have a few less features to your Tivo based V6 but it has a few more that make up for it.

If it does go ahead it doesn't take too long to get used to it. My wife totally hated the V6 Tivo software and much prefers 360

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

stevemorgan
Superfast

Once the order has been initiated and the remote/s have been delivered I have not seen any cancellation success stories.

Although there is a chance the email is an automated one, 360 ain't all that bad at all.

It is an entirely new experience which does have a few less features to your Tivo based V6 but it has a few more that make up for it.

If it does go ahead it doesn't take too long to get used to it. My wife totally hated the V6 Tivo software and much prefers 360

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sorry to say, you've been correctly advised that a decision to convert from TiVo/V6 > 360 is irreversible and a one-way trip. IIRC, 5 or so days after the "upgrade to 360 now" icon appears in your V6 menu, it will be installed automatically.

I would always advise anyone to do research before requesting this, and to request a migration on an informed basis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

crusader21
Tuning in

Thanks for replies guys.

Rang Virgin again speaking to a UK voice.

So Virgin are going to send me out a pre-paid postage to return the 360 remote and promise me that the software for 360 will not go through (and yes the 360 icon is in place).

Just to make it clear I have not authorised 360, it was mentioned in a phone call when I was making channel changes.

I really do hope they listen to their customers who dont want 360 and wish to remain with Tivo V6 ....

Just keep a hold of that remote a wee bit longer as it does automatically upgrade after 5 days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@crusader21 wrote:

So Virgin are going to send me out a pre-paid postage to return the 360 remote and promise me that the software for 360 will not go through (and yes the 360 icon is in place).

[snip]

I really do hope they listen to their customers who dont want 360 and wish to remain with Tivo V6 ....

I will be amazed if that promise holds true, but for your sake it would be nice you can prove me wrong.

Anyone who doesn't want to migrate to 360 just needs to politely decline the numerous offers & invitations that will be forthcoming. and not request/agree to it in the first place.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Things looking very positive today! 

So install 360 icon gone replaced with Error MA1/1/404 and when clicking on that the message 'Migration not available - we're sorry something went wrong and we can't install your new software' 

Well done and thank you to Virgin for listening to what a customer has wanted! 

I had similar problem - see my new post. I accepted offer to upgrade BB but I declined 360 “upgrade” as I didn’t see point and didn’t want to lose recordings. But unbelievably they went ahead 2 weeks later. Lost all my old recordings and series links. Also don’t think it’s anything special and not worth extra money. Subject of active complaint. 😱

Thankfully I'm still enjoying V6 / Tivo, a very lucky escape! 🙂 

Hi @crusader21 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the customer services experience that you've reported.  For reassurance, I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R