Menu
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Don’t ask for 360 if you’re not sure - upgrade is pushed out

I saw 360 and thought it sounded good so I clicked on the Virgin email. Between then and the remotes arriving I read plenty to make me think we should at least wait until after Christmas to even think about changing. Not least the Missuss losing all her recordings! And duplicate uploads will annoy me to hell. 

It looked like on the screen you had to select and choose the 360 upgrade. Nope. Today, without any choice or on screen notice,  all our recordings, settings, favourites etc etc and Harmony integration have gone - 360 has downloaded and installed  itself.

Be aware, in case you were thinking of getting to the front of the queue but aren’t quite ready to jump. I’m now well and truly knackered haha. 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Don’t ask for 360 if you’re not sure - upgrade is pushed out

Hello

How long since the remotes arrived did the update happen as I am aware that once the app is on the box if you do not do the update then it will auto load after 7 days.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Jaunty wrote:

I saw 360 and thought it sounded good so I clicked on the Virgin email. Between then and the remotes arriving I read plenty to make me think we should at least wait until after Christmas to even think about changing. Not least the Missuss losing all her recordings! And duplicate uploads will annoy me to hell. 

It looked like on the screen you had to select and choose the 360 upgrade. Nope. Today, without any choice or on screen notice,  all our recordings, settings, favourites etc etc and Harmony integration have gone - 360 has downloaded and installed  itself.

Be aware, in case you were thinking of getting to the front of the queue but aren’t quite ready to jump. I’m now well and truly knackered haha. 

Hey Jaunty, I hope you're not in too much trouble with the missus but it's good to know the auto update works!

The duplicate recordings will be fixed soon, in the meantime why not try out the voice features...

• try saying "Netflix" or "You Tube" to launch the app super fast
  • if you're watching a recording and get to those pesky adverts, say "skip forward 4 minutes" 
  • if you need subtitles on just ask for them
  • search for "christmas movies" 

I know losing settings and features is hard but, look at it this way, all your recordings over this christmas period will be on this box now and you wont lose them (unless you leave us, please dont leave us) 😀

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

you should never upgrade to something if you are not sure about it.  always get as much information about something before doing it. If you agreed to the upgrade there is plenty of information saying the update would get pushed after 7 days 

0 Kudos
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey I’m not throwing my toys out of the pram am I, I am just mentioning it. There may be plenty of information but I’m not a thicko I and did not see it.  

As I saw a user selectable upgrade on the V6, I thought it would happen when I went through that process. Anyway I’m sure it will all be fine. Re-do recordings and reset my Harmony remotes and nearly there.

(Can’t pair my Arcam AV888 volume even though it finds  it, will have a Google. First world problems!).   

paul0363
Rising star
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

When you redo your Harmony if the Virgin 360 still isn't in their search results you need to search for "Ziggo Mediabox Next". 

Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

(Thanks yes I saw this over on AVForums)
0 Kudos
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just to update re pairing volume with my Arcam. It pairs fine - it wasn't working as the processor is in a closed unit so had no line of site for the IR. Will need to get an IR repeater put back in there.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if thats how i made it sound, that was not my intention was trying to just agree with what you was saying and expand on it 

0 Kudos
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just to say I've just now read the leaflet  that came with the new remotes (fore recycling) and it does say you will be auto upgrade within 5 days. So not suggesting  you aren't told, it just wasn't something I had become aware of when 'signing up'.

0 Kudos