cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby atmos 360 box audio clicks on stsrt and stop

Gwizz27
On our wavelength

Please can this be passed to engineering? 

I have 360 box connected via hdmi to Sony 1080 av amp.  The amp supports dolby atmos and is picking up dolby atmos support from the Netflix app on the stb.  I know this as atmos appears on the av amp screen. The issue is thst when the programme starts or is paused, most occasions you get a large click through the speakers. A short sharp crackle. This is the kind of click that is familiar to when you used to power something on with speakers plugged in.  It is very loud and will not be doing the speakers any good. 

It only happens on atmos programmes. Can this please be investigated by engineering?

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Which Sony model do you have and how is it connected to the 360?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gwizz27,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your sound quality, are you able to check if this happens, when you use the TV's speakers?

Regards,

Steven_L

Sorry for not making it clearer but models are as follows. 

TV 

Sony KD55XE9005

Av amp

Sony STR-DN1080

The 360 box is connected directly to the amp using hdmi. The amp is connected to the TV via hdmi to one of the 2 enhanced ports which can support hdr 4k 60hz. The issue only happens on dolby atmos. It is when the audio starts and stops and happens on Netflix and bt sport ultimate. They are the only times I have found anything thst uses dolby atmos. 

No the issue doesn't occur when using the TV speakers. 

Thanks for getting back to us Gwizz27

I am guessing there is not an option to plug an optical cable between the 360 and your amp?

Regards

Lee

Optical connection does not have the capacity to transmit atmos

This is a fault reported by other Sony owners and has nothing to do with VM. Some people have reported this to Sony and got a refund.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the replies.

It does indeed seem to be an issue Sony have acknowledged with their dn1080 amp. 

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/sony-avr-str-dn1080-clicks-pops-doing-jumps-skips-while-atmos-dd-playbac...

I had no other source for Atmos to prove whether it was caused by amp or source  and an initial Google search did not find the exact issue. Hopefully this will help others who may come in search of this issue.  Looks like it will be patched in a future update to the amp firmware