cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does broadband speed relate to picture quality on virgin 360

BEEFMARKY
On our wavelength

Does faster broadband provide better picture quality on Virgin 360 tv? 

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, live TV is independent of the broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BEEFMARKY
On our wavelength

Ok thanks, in that case how come I was unable to watch any TV as well as having no internet last time my Virgin broadband was down for 24 hours whilst they were carrying out work in my area?

Virgin have also upgraded my broadband speed twice since I became a virgin TV customer due to the very poor picture quality I was experiencing on live sports broadcasts? What would be the point in them doing this if the broadband speed does not affect the picture quality?

Thanks 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

….because the TV and broadband are delivered down the same physical cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I repeat that broadband speed has no effect on live TV quality. I can’t comment on what you were told and/or how you interpreted it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

I repeat that broadband speed has no effect on live TV quality.

And if you wish to test this out, try switching your broadband router off whilst watching live TV. It will continue.

You'll lose OnDemand services during the "outage", but live broadcast TV channels will be unaffected.