cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sky Cinema UHD include HD Cinema channels

jesalr
Joining in

Hi,

I recently subscribed to Virgin on the Ultimate Volt Bundle, I saw the Cinema channels were seemingly not in HD, and so subscribed to the UHD Cinema and Sport add-on.

The Sport channels in UHD look great, and On Demand cinema in UHD does too, but the live Cinema channels still look like they’re SD even when compared to other HD channels.

Does the UHD add-on include access to the HD live channels?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't carry any linear broadcast Sky Cinema UHD channels.

You have correctly identified that you have Sky Sports UHD in EPG positions 532-534, and Sky Cinema UHD OnDemand.

Sky Cinema channels in EPG 401-412 are broadcast in HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't carry any linear broadcast Sky Cinema UHD channels.

You have correctly identified that you have Sky Sports UHD in EPG positions 532-534, and Sky Cinema UHD OnDemand.

Sky Cinema channels in EPG 401-412 are broadcast in HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks. I’m aware of the lack of linear UHD Cinema channels, but I wasn’t sure how to identify whether or not the Cinema channels are coming through in HD or SD. The quality looks relatively poor in comparison to other HD channels and HD movies on demand

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Cinema channels aren't carried in SD, and don't have an HD supplement in the same way Sky Sports does.