cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 360 update cure audio drop out on V6 box

pawprint
Tuning in

As many others have found, the audio drops out briefly now and again with the V6 box, connected by HDMI to a 4K tv, and with audio taken from the TV taken to sound bar etc via digital optical out. This only happens on HD channels. If I accept the 'carefully selected user' free upgrade email offer to 360 does this fault remain? I'd expect it might, since it seems to be (from other replies) an internal hardware fault... but maybe it is something the software update can fix? If it does, then maybe I;ll sign up. If not, does anyone have one of the new 360 boxes (look exactly the same but not made by Toshiba, I'm told) - and does the issue then go away?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

deans6571
Wise owl

@pawprint wrote:

As many others have found, the audio drops out briefly now and again with the V6 box, connected by HDMI to a 4K tv, and with audio taken from the TV taken to sound bar etc via digital optical out. This only happens on HD channels. If I accept the 'carefully selected user' free upgrade email offer to 360 does this fault remain? I'd expect it might, since it seems to be (from other replies) an internal hardware fault... but maybe it is something the software update can fix? If it does, then maybe I;ll sign up. If not, does anyone have one of the new 360 boxes (look exactly the same but not made by Toshiba, I'm told) - and does the issue then go away?

Thanks

....I have a V6 connected to my 4K tv exactly how you describe with a soundbar connected via digital optical out from tv to soundbar - I have never experienced these so called 'sound dropouts' you describe...??!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pawprint wrote:

Thanks

This thread may help.

Thank you @deans6571. Sadly, I do, as do many others - as shown from the link in the next reply up... Was OK with optical connection direct from V6 to soudnbar, but then no other TV sources (eg Airplay from phone to TV) can then be heard.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For what it's worth, I use my V6 with an optical output to my A/V kit and have also never had audio dropout issues.

I'm not suggesting that many people do, the thread demonstrates otherwise. But it's certainly not blanket and therefore likely related to individual kit or manufacturers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks