cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to buy a second splitter to set up a 360 Mini Box, and if so where can I obtain one?

Jonny04
Joining in

I'm looking to install my 360 Mini Box in a separate room in my flat (I have already set up my main TV box, broadband, router etc. in my main room). This separate room has its own wall socket, with two inputs, one marked "FM" and the other marked "TV". Only "TV" has an outlet that I can plug a cable into.

I have set up the mini box to the point where I can connect online and stream, from both apps and saved programmes on my main box, but I cannot watch live TV, as it says there is no signal.

In terms of cables that I have to set this up with the kit that arrived, all I have is a short adaptor cable, and a longer one, with one end marked "Wall Socket" and the other marked "Broadband or Splitter". I do not have a second splitter (the first is used for my TV/internet setup in my main room). I have tried this cable with the adaptor on the end as an experiment, plugged into the "TV" outlet of the wall socket, and the box's COAX IN socket, but this does not work.

All the install booklet that came with my kit mentions is "Connect the short cable adaptor to the connector cable that was plugged into your old TV box if you need to" (what old TV box?!)

So I'm basically wondering, do I need a second of those TV/internet splitters, and if so where can one be obtained? A quick google throws up a few I can buy on Amazon and so on but nothing that look like the main splitter that came with my kit, and the images don't appear to have clearly marked TV/internet outlets, so not sure if they'd work.

If anyone knows or has been through similar recently, would be very highly appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a technician to install a cable. The mini box won't work with the "TV" "FM" socket as that is for an outdoor aerial

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a technician to install a cable. The mini box won't work with the "TV" "FM" socket as that is for an outdoor aerial

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jonny04, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues installing your services.

As jb66 mentioned you are going to need a technician to install this.

If you would like this looking into I would be more than happy to get you one sent out.

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?