cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+

robonuk
Tuning in

Does anyone know what the latest is with Disney + being available on 360? I see that Fox will cease on Wednesday, kind of annoying to put another box under the TV for one app.

32 REPLIES 32

@Robert_P wrote:

Hi robonuk

At present we don't have any updates as to if or when Disney+ will be added to TV 360, as other member's have mentioned (and I do this myself) I use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ via the app's on my smart TV.

Any updates to this will be provided here

Thanks

Rob

Really?! The latest 'TV Updates there are dated August 2018 and there are articles about 'new' services like Worldbox which have long since closed down.

That is the page VMViewer, we also post on our Twitter and Facebook pages with updates also.

Rob

theatreowl
Joining in

Hi, 

I have just signed up for a year's subscription for Disney+. Is there any up to date information on when it will available on the Virgin Media platform?

Regards

David

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@theatreowl wrote:

Hi, 

I have just signed up for a year's subscription for Disney+. Is there any up to date information on when it will available on the Virgin Media platform?

No more information than has already been posted on this thread, no.

There's a very strong chance that we'll all find out when the app actually launches on V6/360 boxes - and not a minute sooner. VM have plenty of form in not making any announcement re new channels/apps before the actual launch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nobody who wants access to Disney+ should wait for the app to appear on VM's TV boxes for some unknown period especially as there are cheap devices which have the app including my Fire TV Stick 4K. Here's more information on this.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=92e7685d1bcfc8d4b8651f861a4bcb01 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

To be fair, we are paying Virgin Media for our TV services and we don't expect to be required to purchase additional devices for popular streaming services that have not been made available on VM.

Could do better. It was strongly hinted that Disney+ would appear on our 360 boxes as long ago as last year. We are still waiting after all this time.

We also need Apple+ and Discovery+, which are widely available elsewhere, including on Sky - so why is Virgin last in the queue?

I guess whatever happens, we will miss out on Sky Atlantic as it is unlikely Now TV will appear and Sky won't share the channel any other way. As for Peacock - will we ever get that? I'm not hopeful.

This situation needs to improve if VM is to be regarded as a serious aggregator of content.

VM doesn't have all channels and apps.

BT TV doesn't have all channels and apps.

Sky doesn't have all channels and apps.

That's how the marketplace works. So, you choose a suitable Pay TV provider and get a streaming device to fill in what's missing, no problem as most are cheap.

--

Anyone that’s following this thread, Disney+ is now available via Virgin 360

kborom
Joining in

Noticed this from a newsletter email. It seemed as though it was free but it isn't, you still need to subscribe to D+.

You get the app, such as Disney+, YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, etc, but still need to subscribe to get the service you want.

--