cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+

robonuk
Tuning in

Does anyone know what the latest is with Disney + being available on 360? I see that Fox will cease on Wednesday, kind of annoying to put another box under the TV for one app.

32 REPLIES 32

Virgin Media are always seeking to add new content to their platform @robonuk and hopefully we'll be able to have the application available to our set top boxes

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sky has an exclusive agreement amongst the Pay TV operators to provide the Disney+ app. My guess is that at the end of the period stipulated in the carriage agreement VM and/or BT TV will also be able provide the app.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

....surely most current Smart TVs already have a Disney Plus app anyway  (I know my 5+ year old Samsung Smart tv does) ?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Sky has an exclusive agreement amongst the Pay TV operators to provide the Disney+ app. My guess is that at the end of the period stipulated in the carriage agreement VM and/or BT TV will also be able provide the app.

Is it exclusive? Press releases from last year claim otherwise.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2020/03/03/disney-plus-signs-non-exclusive-distribution-deal-sk... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's Sky which claims exclusivity, and I've little doubt that Sky paid a lot for it.

"We've partnered exclusively with Disney to be the only pay-TV provider to offer you Disney+ in the UK and ROI."

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/disney-plus 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@deans6571

My Samsung Smart TV doesn’t have the app on it, otherwise it would have been simple to sort. The problem is rectified by putting a small form factor PC with the TV & watching via Windows

Doudar
Fibre optic

I always use the apps built into my Samsung TV.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was talk somewhere, and I can't recall which streaming platform it related to, that VM were able to offer the app but the "integration" into the EPG was contractually exclusive to (most likely) Sky for a period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi robonuk

At present we don't have any updates as to if or when Disney+ will be added to TV 360, as other member's have mentioned (and I do this myself) I use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ via the app's on my smart TV.

Any updates to this will be provided here

Thanks

Rob

For now, I either watch Disney+ on any other device in the house, such as games consoles, tablets, phones, or if I want to watch it where the V6 boxes are, I either use the Fire TV Stick or connect the laptop via HDMI.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node