cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+

robonuk
Tuning in

Does anyone know what the latest is with Disney + being available on 360? I see that Fox will cease on Wednesday, kind of annoying to put another box under the TV for one app.

32 REPLIES 32

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The latest is that VM don't currently carry the Disney+ app, but I'm sure they want to.

There's a few news articles floating around, which report that VM are talking to D+ , but unfortunately the nature of these things is that the first we're likely to know about the launch, is when the app is announced as available on (IMO) the V6 & 360 boxes.

It could be ready to launch tomorrow, and we're unlikely to know until tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

We need to get disney + with st*r to replace the series' s we will lose when fox goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll miss FOX HD for being able to watch new NCIS, but the channel screened so many repeats it became laughable. The same episodes of Bones, The Mentalist and NCIS etc were literally being repeated 4-5 times a week. And shows being advertised as new, such as Rush and The Grinder, are in fact quite a few years old. 

The Disney+ app worked well on my Fire TV 4K stick, and other devices include Chromecast, Apple TV and Now TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Was really hoping to not have to put another box & more cables in. Rapidly finding out the “you’ll get everything that Sky offers you” wasn’t true. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky & VM are competing platforms & the two will never offer the same. Several channels have dropped Sky but are still available on Virgin (eg. Eden). Sky won’t offer Atlantic to VM. Sports channels packaging is different. The list goes on.

Sky will also come up with a load of drivel about VM that is incorrect when you talk to them. It’s all sales patter, & there is no substitute for doing your own research.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The big Pay TV providers (VM, BT TV and Sky) all have different services, but some overlap. A Venn diagram illustrates this, in the one below 44 is offered by all, 126 by two, etc.

14-venn-diagramm3_75.png

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi robonuk,

We do apologise for the inconvenience. This was a decision made by Disney to close Fox channels from all TV platforms in the UK.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Appreciate its not Virgin