cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ and Amazon Prime apps crash - faulty box?

forshawj
Up to speed

Hi, I upgraded V6 software to 360 software on tv box in September.

Frequently when using Disney+ or Amazon Prime app then either start of playback or when coming out of the app then the whole screen looks like a mis-tuned television channel.

I have to place tv box in standby and back on to get any regular channels back…

I wonder if this a VM undocumented feature I.e. software bug or if the tv box has a hardware issue?

can support help diagnose? 
Thanks

Jeff

14 REPLIES 14

forshawj
Up to speed

As shown

Hi @forshawj 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of this streaming issue. Is it only whilst using Netflix/Prime, are any other applications the same such as iPlayer or On Demand content?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

forshawj
Up to speed

Hi,

Trying best not to be rude here BUT I have had a very frustrating few hours with VM Technical Support.

Via Retentions I signed a new contract and upgraded my services - as part of the new contract I was sent a 360 Mini box as self-install. I installed the new Mini box and started to recieve the additional Sky channels but the main 360 box stopped working! It has the EPG but no content even on BBC1 ... 

When I press HOME button then I get Connection Error ... CS9993. I had made NO changes to the 360 main box...

The mini box is working fine and I have all the channels but Main box is same.

Tech support gave me some BS about taking 48 hours for channels to come through?! But this is too the existing 360 that now has a fault...

Regardless of who I try to speak to in VM then they don't understand. Useless ... 

Can someone please advise how to get this resolved? I know its not the coax as I swapped both both boxes to test and the Mini continues to work but the existing Main one has same blank picture and CS9993....

THANK YOUserial.jpgOnly started after successfully installing the new MINI today 7/3Only started after successfully installing the new MINI today 7/3Pressing HOMEPressing HOME

As of today I installed an additional new 360 Mini box and this now killed the 360 main box... I've written another message about this 😞

So probably this is now out of date.... I do have video to show what it was doing. 

Hi @forshawj 

Please do not send a PM unless requested.

We do not at this stage need a PM. 

Please could you also answer my questions I have asked you above?

kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Understand and apologise but your Tech CS is rubbish ...  I have already made a formal complaint. 

Currently that box no longer works since 360 MINI was installed. Before that then I found Disney+ and Amazon Prime cause the crash, sometimes when trying playback of content OR after exiting the app ... putting the box into standby.  

Give this a try switch of the main stb for 15 sec and switch back on and press the - ( channel down busting for 15-20 sec you will see the power light flash when that happens press the power button and you will see the welcome screen and the an arrow pointing to stb give it around 10 min to update and see if that solves the issue

Thank you Portery . I tried that but same issue .. it is at if the box is no longer subscribed to the network.. can’t be signal else id not even have the screen I’ve got!

CS not a clue… 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jeff, 

Sorry to see your continued issues.

Please could you try the following, it's slightly different to the one @Portery suggested. It's worked for some forum members.

Turn off the 360 at switch;  then on the actual 360 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the 360 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and (fingers crossed) it should reset and boot up normally.

It might also perform a 360 upgrade to version 4.46 if it doesn't start it automatically

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali