cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Standby light

spear
On our wavelength

When I use my 360 box using a Wi-Fi connection everything works normally, but when I make the connection using the Ethernet cable there seems to be a problem. It still works as far as normal TV and Wi-Fi functions, but both the ‘On’ light and standby light goes off after a few hours.

I’ve checked the ‘Network’ ‘Diagnostic’ settings and everything has the green ticks. I also have more than one cable and both have the same result.

I have tried resetting the box with the Ethernet cable connected, it makes the cable connection without any problem but the lights still go out after a few hours.

Would appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Rich,

• So far, lights have remained illuminated overnight. So it seems that 'fast start' is the fix that I was looking for, thanks!
  • I would be interested  to know what was going on here.

spear
On our wavelength

Seems to be working now as a result of changing the settings to 'fast start'.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @spear,

Thank you for the update. That's wonderful news!

Please keep an eye on it and let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It would appear that "fast start" & "active start" have the "RED" standby light and "eco slow start" the light goes off after several minutes. 

So I believe there is no issue with the software, it is deliberate.

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @spear,

Thank you for the update. That's wonderful news!

Please keep an eye on it and let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks! 🙂

My V360 box is set to fast start and the standby light (red) still disappears randomly 🤔

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on

Hi MysticalWizzard, 

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your light keeps disappearing. Try setting it to Eco Slow Start and then rebooting the box. Once this is done, reset it to fast start to see if this makes any difference. 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi MysticalWizzard, 

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your light keeps disappearing. Try setting it to Eco Slow Start and then rebooting the box. Once this is done, reset it to fast start to see if this makes any difference. 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks

Will do, it’s intermittent I’ve noticed doesn’t do it all the time, I’ll try what you suggested and drop another post if it happens again 👍

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on