cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device connector

Wacker12
Joining in

I'm looking to connect my LG magic remote to my virgin 360 box but any manufacturer make I connect too doesn't work. Can I get some advice please 

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Hi Wacker12,

You need to input Ziggo as the manufacturer of the box, and if it ask's for a model it's MediaBox Next, from memory you just need Ziggo which is the Dutch version of Virgin in this case.

Thanks for helping me. It won't let me choose ziggo manually. It's not on manufacturer list. Also there is no media box next, just media box in list. That doesn't work either. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wacker12 

The settings layout may be slightly different on your LG TV however on My LG TV I go to Settings > All Settings > Connection > Device Connection Settings > then enable Auto Device Detection and enable Simplink (HDMI_CEC) and enable Auto Power Sync

Then on the same page click on Universal Control Settings > 

Click on Connecting to a new device > then click Next > then click on the Set-Top Box icon and press Next>

Highlight the HDMI port your 360 is connected to and click on Next and Next again

On the next screen it may say Virgin (location eg Norht east, North West)  which you can try and use or instead to set it up as Ziggo click on View More and Next

Ignore the set top makes on the next screen and in the search box type  Ziggo and press Enter, highlight Ziggo and click Next and follow the onscreen instructions to test it's working ( If after about 10 goes and it's not working then go back to the search page again and type in Ziggo again and try again, you may have to do this 3 or 4 times before it works)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Going from memory when you are in the universal control settings you select Set top box, when I set it up it came back with Virgin northwest, you should be able to input Ziggo, can't remember if it was on a list or I typed it in. It might depend on how new your TV is and the software version. If it's a new TV run the software updater and you should be ok, if it's an older TV check for the latest software.