cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting recordings on 360 box

gthind51
On our wavelength

Can someone please help me with why I cannot delete recordings that have been watched from my recorded program list. 
I getting fed up with one issue or another occurring with the 360 box. 

21 REPLIES 21

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gthind51 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with deleting your recordings on your 360 box.  Have you tried to do a factory reset on your box?  It will give you an option to do this without deleting your recordings.  So to keep the ones you've not yet watched.  Then you can test if you can then delete the ones you do wish to?

Regards

Lee

gthind51
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R

Thanks for your suggestion.

I had a engineer come here yesterday he couldn’t explain why historic programmes won’t delete and surprisingly he didn’t suggest the Factory reset either. 
Some of the recordings have ‘360 offline the box is off,  switch it on to delete’.
The is is incorrect and relates to programmes recorded back in Dec/Jan when sadly I changed from V6 to 360. 
I’ll be honest although the picture quality can be better,  the 360 has caused untold issues. 
I’m nervous to do the reset as I’m worried I’ll lose everything. This is purely due to all the issues we’ve had. 

kind regards 

Gillian

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gillian,

Since a reboot hasn't helped, you should try the factory reset.

It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options 

Keep Recordings

Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings

To factory reset go to Settings (cog at end of Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 choosing that first option you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again) 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for getting back to us Gillian.

I am sorry your experience has led to you feeling the way that you do.  I would recommend trying the option that I and the fantastic @newapollo have suggested.  I appreciate your reservations but it will clearly signpost the option to keep your recordings.

Regards

Lee

thrice
Superfast
I had this problem and it nearly drove me bonkers. The workaround I finally found was to use the Virgin Media Go app. I navigated to the page with the recording that wouldn't delete, selected 'Edit', ticked the box, and selected 'Delete'. Job done. I don't know why I could not delete these viewed programmes via the 360 boxes - perhaps it's a bug. I sincerely hope this will be fixed in a future software update. I'm currently on version 4.32.

Hi @gthind51

Let us know how you get on with following the steps above and we can investigate this further if needs be. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gthind51
On our wavelength

thrice 

Thank you I have just tried that. Sadly it says my box has just gone offline , it on as I type so it looks like I will have to do the reset as the next option. 

Thanks 

gthind51
On our wavelength

Hi 

Just going through the factory reset. 

Will I need to do this on the mini box too? 

kind  regards 

Gillian

gthind51
On our wavelength

Hi 

Just completed the factory reset and sadly the historic recordings still cannot be deleted. 

Message displayed:

‘360 box is offline or not connecting. Turn it on to delete or cancel recordings’ 

Diagnostics:

signal Good

Int connection