cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a saved WiFi network

CrapShark
Tuning in

How do I do this?  It only seems possible to add new WiFi networks, not to delete an existing one or even edit it (if, say, the password has changed).

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On what device? And on which OS - Android, iOS, Windows?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Apologies - I thought I had posted into the TV 360 forum, but my post seems to have ended up in a completely different place!  The device is my new-last-week TV 360 box, using the standard remote.

CrapShark
Tuning in

How do I do this?  It only seems possible to add a new network, not to delete an existing one or even to edit it (if, say, the password has changed).  My Hub is on a different floor of the house, so a wired ethernet connection to the TV 360 box is not an option.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi CrapShark,

What happens in you go into Settings > Network > Change Connection type > WiFi  and when it brings up the lists of SSID's click on WPS setup?

The 320  will go into pairing mode for a couple of minutes waiting for you to press the WPS button on your bub

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@CrapShark wrote:

How do I do this?  It only seems possible to add a new network, not to delete an existing one or even to edit it (if, say, the password has changed).  My Hub is on a different floor of the house, so a wired ethernet connection to the TV 360 box is not an option.

I don't know if you can delete a network but if you change your password on the hub you will need to go to Settings,  Network, Change connection type, WFi to reconnect with your new password. It will always remember your last connection, you can try this by swapping between your 2.5g and 5g wifi connections.

I have my own router and run my Hub in Modem Mode.  And I have disabled WPS in my router for security, as everyone should.  (Google "WPS Security" for background.)  I really want to know how to delete a saved WiFi network on TV 360.

Failing that, how do I do a *real* factory reset on the TV 360 - one that deletes saved settings rather than just reboots the box?  The official "factory reset" (Home - Gearwheel icon - System - Factory Reset) is just a reboot and doesn't change any saved settings.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again CrapShark,

I haven't actually tried a complete factory reset but the option is there.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options
Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 choosing that first option you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

I would imagine choosing the second option Format Disk  will delete all recordings and series links, and more than likely all your settings so it will set everything up from scratch. It seems a bit of a drastic way to change the wifi password.

I would have thought with you changing the wifi password that when the 360 tried to connect it would say incorrect password and allow you to re enter the correct details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali