cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged 360 remote

Braders81
Tuning in

Hi there

My dog ate my remote 🙄 anyone know how I can unpair the damaged remote from the box? Unfortunately i can't use the remote to factory reset, I have a new remote on order but I believe you can only have 1 remote set up for each box so no idea how to get the new 1 working once it arrives. I've tried with the remote I have from a second box and been unable to pair it to box 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm going to wait for the new remote to get here before I try anything else. At least I still have 1 box currently working and can still use the go app for now on the main box, will post again with the results. Thanks again 👍👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Be aware that the pairing does need line of sight as it's the only time that the 360 remotes use IR to talk to the box itself.

To use an existing remote that's paired to another box you may have to factory reset the remote first - instructions on that are here, but be careful you don't end up without any working remote for any box - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote

Any new remote you get though should automatically try to pair itself to the box it's in front of.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

roy247
Community elder

Hi Braders81,

I hope the dog is OK, you can use the TVGO app on your phone to factory reset the 360, if the original remote still has the batteries in take them out just in case the 360 manages to repair to the remote. You would have to unpair the 2nd remote from your 2nd box I think before it would pair to the 1st box, press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the remote.

Clay745
Tuning in

@Braders81 wrote:

Hi there

My dog ate my remote 🙄 anyone know how I can unpair the damaged remote from the box? Unfortunately i can't use the remote to factory reset, I have a new remote on order but I believe you can only have 1 remote set up for each box so no idea how to get the new 1 working once it arrives. I've tried with the remote I have from a second box and been unable to pair it to box 1.   my ford benefits

Point the TV 360 remote towards the box
Press and hold the TV and 0 button for 10 seconds - this should force pairing
Did that not work?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

How to pair the TV 360 remote with your TV
If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

Press Home
Select Settings
Select Pair remote with devices
Select Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

The dog is fine, thanks! How do you unpair using the the go app? I had a look last night and couldn't find a way to do it.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You don't unpair a physical remote using the TV Go app - what the app can do is control the box when the mobile device is on the same home network

You can use the app to find something to watch and then use the 'Watch on TV' option to 'cast' it to the 360 box. You also have some functions from the remote in the app too like the 4 way / ok control pad and the coloured buttons.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

If you do a factory reset using the TVGO app, it will unpair the first remote but then will automatically try repairing the remote when it restarts that's why you need to take the batteries out just in case the remote is still capable of pairing.

The 2nd remote you can unpair from the 2nd box by doing a factory reset of the remote using the 2nd box, 

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

only do the bit in red and then you can use that remote with first box if that is the one you use the most. or you can wait until you receive your replacement remote.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm going to wait for the new remote to get here before I try anything else. At least I still have 1 box currently working and can still use the go app for now on the main box, will post again with the results. Thanks again 👍👍

Hi everyone, quick update. Received my new remote and tried to pair it with the box (TV and 0 buttons together) and I thought it hadn't worked so left the remote facing the box for 5 mins while I was on TVGO looking how to factory reset the box. Before I did a factory reset I retried the remote and it was working the virgin box but not the TV, quick check in settings to re-pair the TV and all works fine without a factory reset. Thanks for everyone's help. 👍

Hi Braders81

Thanks for the update 

Great news its all sorted now 

Gareth_L