cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cs2500 errors on v6 box

Geordie_John
Joining in
  • Upgraded package recently and was told I had to upgrade v6 box to 360 one, didn’t need to change the box , I’ve had problems watching catch up and on demand channels, they work intermittently. Also had a problem with v5 modem Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping off .  

tried using app to report errors but just keep going round and round no real way to book an engineer,

please help 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Geordie_John wrote:
  • Upgraded package recently and was told I had to upgrade v6 box to 360 one, didn’t need to change the box 

It'll be cold comfort now, but you were misadvised - conversions from TiVo/V6 > TV360 are voluntary.

If all else fails, staff should respond on these boards re the HDD issues in a couple of days.

In the meantime, you'll likely get better help on the router issues - in the WiFi forum. Users who have expertise in that won't always look at posts in the TV boards.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Your CS2500 error might be related to the problems in the threads below, if your box is connected by wifi try using an ethernet cable as you are having problems with your signal.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Streaming-Ondemand-and-Recordings-all-broken/m-p/...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/BBC-App-Launcher/m-p/5227588

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options
offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone. Or you can wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Geordie_John 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the service.

How have things been since posting?

Has the advise from the community resolved the issues?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Had stage 2 technical ring me and do something to my box whilst I was on phone with him, only been a day but so far so good, my box still only has lights on it when I reset it, they then go off butbix still seems to work,  since I reset my router with the button Wi-Fi hasn’t dropped 😁

Thank you for the update @Geordie_John 

We are glad to see the issue resolved with our team. Please continue to monitor the service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cs2500 problem is back , can’t watch catchup , please help , done all the usual of resetting router etc….  

Hi Geordie_John, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're facing an issue with this error code again. I can see since posting, you have been in touch with the team who have booked an engineer. 

Please keep us posted on how the visit goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs