Second box won’t connect to channels unsure how to fix this

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Si402

Have you checked all the connections as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

All connections to main box are fine do I need to have an aerial connection to the second box or can it just go off Wi-Fi because the aerial wire isn’t long enough to get to the second box

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Si402 

The mini box needs  to be connected to the white coaxial lead so it can receive live TV.  If that isn't connected all you will be able to access is apps, catch up, on demand and recordings from the main box.

If this was a new engineer installation then they should have made sure that the mini box was connected to the coaxial.

You could call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults)  When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @Si402 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your service and a big thank you to our community member newapollo for their help. How are things looking now? Do you still need assistance?