cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling noise TV

CallumLj
Joining in

Hello

After a while of having the TV on, there is this popping / crackling / robotic noise that begins. This is quickly fixed by turning the box on and off, but I’m just curious to what this issue is caused by so it can stop happening. 

it’s not the TV as we have a games console also connected and that never has this issue, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s virgin tv, or apps such as YouTube, Netflix etc (the apps on the virgin box and not through the Tv itself) 

any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @CallumLj,

Many thanks for your recent post and welcome to the forums! I'm really sorry to hear of the sound issues you've been having with your 360.

How have things been since Monday? Have you managed to try any of the advice from newapollo?

Let us know if you're still in need of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could just be the 'handshake' between the TV and 360 box via its HDMI cable. Have you checked the cable is fitted all snug? I've experienced something similar, but very rarely.

Yes checked that, also tried in different HDMI ports to make sure it’s not just a dodgy hdmi slot, we also have a box upstairs in the main bedroom that one has not had the same issue 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi CallumLj,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Or swapped the boxes around to see if the fault follows the box?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @CallumLj,

Many thanks for your recent post and welcome to the forums! I'm really sorry to hear of the sound issues you've been having with your 360.

How have things been since Monday? Have you managed to try any of the advice from newapollo?

Let us know if you're still in need of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi molly,

we’ve still had the issue, a different cable didn’t change anything, but as I mentioned above turned the box on and off generally fixes it right away. There’s also no kind of time frame of this happening it seems to just happen randomly 

Do you have more than one box so you could try newapollo's suggestion of swapping boxes to see if the fault follows the box.