cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting minibox

gc68
Joining in

Hi

Does the VM 360 mini box have to be connected to the same WiFi as the main 360 box?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, is the short answer.

Multiroom streaming only works where both the donor & recipient device are using the same home network.

The TV360 mini-box doesn't have a hard drive, and relies on the master-box for all recording facilities.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Maybe have to cancel my 360 order then. Virgin WiFi doesn’t reach where I have extra box. Their extenders don’t work so have a mesh system which works great. Last time I tried couldn’t get both VM boxes  to connect to the mesh network with WiFi. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can one of them use Ethernet?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

Yes the main box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So try the master box on Ethernet, and the mini-box on WiFi. So long as they're on the same subnet, that's the restriction.

Ethernet is always recommended over wireless, given the choice.

Can’t do that as router signal does not reach upstairs and VM range extenders are poor imo. 
Have managed to get both main and secondary box connected to same WiFi so should work with 360.

Thanks