cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to wrong network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is a way of getting past the error message currently on my screen

Earlier today I switched my hub 4 into modem mode and I am currently using my Asus for all connections, once I had switched everything over the 360 is now showing Service Suspended on the screen, and any attempt to connect it back via ethernet or wifi is now telling me that it is not connected either to the hub nor the virgin media wifi.

The diagnostic screen is showing a red X on the line before it gets to the picture of the hub, however every other ethernet and wifi connection in the house is working flawlessly.

I've tried turning the box off and on, giving it some time before powering back up, the only thing I haven't tried yet was a full reset of the box.

I just wanted to check if the 360 can work outside of a direct connection to the hub, or is that some kind of a restriction of it ?

Thanks

Edit: It seems I'm unable to even reset the box because it just brings me straight back to the network messasge.

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Earlier today I switched my hub 4 into modem mode and I am currently using my Asus for all connections, once I had switched everything over the 360 is now showing Service Suspended on the screen, and any attempt to connect it back via ethernet or wifi is now telling me that it is not connected either to the hub nor the virgin media wifi.

So is your 360 connected to your hub? Or your router?

If the VM hub is in modem mode, all your devices (360 included) need to connect to your router - not the hub.

By using modem mode, your "Virgin media WiFi" as you call it, has been disabled, The wired & wireless connections are now via your router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have 1 cable connecting the hub to my asus router (Asus RT-AX89X), I have a ethernet cable connecting my 360 directly to the asus router. Everything else seems to be connecting perfectly including our Hive Hub, Pc's Laptops and mobiles.

When I connect it via ethernet I get the following screen

PXL_20220125_194130272-min.jpg

If I connect it via my own WiFi I get the following error:

PXL_20220125_194223934-min.jpg

Both result in the following message when I return back to any tv channel

PXL_20220125_194104535-min.jpg

When I login to my router I can correctly see that the 360 is connected, so I'm not sure exactly what the issue is with it.

Router.png

Either your router is blocking the 360's access - or perhaps you DNS is wrong for the 360 to work.

Put the Hub4 back in router mode - your own router will still work.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect the 10.10 IP address being allocated to the TV 360 is the issue.

I think I read somewhere it doesn’t like such addresses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

…or, perhaps, you need to disable IPv6 as suggested in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-Box-s-Connected-to-wrong-network-error-messag...

Anonymous
Not applicable

IPv6 is disabled by default on the router, I have also just tried changing the routers ip to be 192.168.0.1 and the dhcp to issue .02 ip's onwards and no luck with that, I assume with the hub taking the 192.168.100.1 ip now that it wouldn't have any issues with that.

Again on the new setup with everything now issued the 192.x ip's, everything else is working except the 360 box, the router is fairly new and I haven't been messing with any additional settings to make it block any specific requests.

Perhaps the only option will be to just re-enable the hub and go from there, not the outcome I wanted but if that gets the tv working again for the time being.

What is the 360's IP address and what's the ASUS's DHCP address range? And just checking: is the ASUS's connection type dynamic IP or DHCP?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Silly question... but do you have the Ethernet cable from the hub connected to the right port on the router?

It isn't a silly question: when the hub is in modem mode the connection is to the WAN port, when the hub is in router mode the connection is to the LAN port in order to turn the router into a wireless access point (with both devices on the same LAN IP segment and the router's DHCP server disabled).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection