cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing set up instructions

Superbrownie
Joining in

Install broadband.  Hub is sited upstairs. Instructions say  plug Ethernet cable into 360 box. 
Upgrade V6 box to 360. Is TiVo box the same. This is downstairs with tv. I’m guessing that it connects using Wi-Fi not Ethernet cable

So do I need to plug the 360 box into the hub?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a single TiVo, it will have been hardware swapped to a TV360-master. TV360 generally has one master box, with subsequent multiroom boxes being slaves.

The TV360 master needs 3 connections to work..

1: Co-ax cable carries the live TV channels

2: Internet connection for OnDemand & streaming, this is ideally Ethernet but can be wireless.

3: HDMI to your TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned setting up, but if you're a new TV customer you won't be anywhere near TiVo or V6 but will be TV360 all the way.

If you're converting... A legacy TiVo is hardware swapped to a HDD-less TV360-mini, a V6 is software-converted to a TV360-master. https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box has photos.

Which combination of boxes do you have?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Superbrownie
Joining in

It’s an upgrade.  I have a TiVo box and upgrading to 360 mini box. Also includes 1g hub. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a single TiVo, it will have been hardware swapped to a TV360-master. TV360 generally has one master box, with subsequent multiroom boxes being slaves.

The TV360 master needs 3 connections to work..

1: Co-ax cable carries the live TV channels

2: Internet connection for OnDemand & streaming, this is ideally Ethernet but can be wireless.

3: HDMI to your TV.

Many thanks for your help.

Hey @Superbrownie, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with the set-up instructions. 😞
May I ask if you're all set-up now?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs