cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaxial networked house

jdclemence
Joining in

We've moved in to a new house which has ethernet and coaxial cabling throughout. Is there a way to distribute VM TV through the coaxial network to multiple 360 boxes? I've installed a network switch for the ethernet but what would be required to tie all the coax together? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each of your VM TV Boxes will need their own co-axial connection.

If you order a multiroom subscription, each of (upto) 3 x 360 boxes will then be activated to use their own individual co-ax connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The coaxial cable from the internal termination box should have been split and run to various rooms, so you just have to plug your TV boxes into the wall sockets. Each box also needs a network connection to the hub, best done by Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

roy247
Community elder

@jdclemence wrote:

We've moved in to a new house which has ethernet and coaxial cabling throughout. Is there a way to distribute VM TV through the coaxial network to multiple 360 boxes? I've installed a network switch for the ethernet but what would be required to tie all the coax together? 

Just to clarify thing's is this Virgin coax installed or just coax from a TV aerial distribution.

If its not Virgin cabling then an engineer install would be required as you can only use Virgin cable and the signal levels may need adjustments in the street cabinet.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The point made by Roy crossed my mind.

I assume this was co-ax from a previous VM install, but if not that could cause issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks