cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud recording?

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hey

Can the 360 software handle cloud recording?

If so, is this something VM have said they would consider?

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has already been implemented in some Liberty Global countries but not in the UK.

https://www.libertyglobal.com/telenet-belgium-launches-horizon-4-platform/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oxfordmark wrote:

Hey

Can the 360 software handle cloud recording?

If so, is this something VM have said they would consider?

The content owners/channel owners in the UK & Eire have got cold feet over using it, so won’t allow it. SkyQ is also cloud capable but cannot use it either for the same reason.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

and what about Virgin Media's version of Sky Glass.... any news/updates? (it looks so nice having no box/cables apart from the power cable to worry about).

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@robigouk wrote:

and what about Virgin Media's version of Sky Glass.... any news/updates? (it looks so nice having no box/cables apart from the power cable to worry about).

Depends if you want to be stuck with a TV set of the spec Sky want to give you. No recording capability (everything is catch-up based), & some channels are not available.

VM are trialling a streaming stick (no broadcast material or subs) & LG also have a box that is purely IP based rather than relying on linear broadcast channels which may come to the UK.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993