cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel quality?

jamiesjpalmer
Joining in

We’ve moved from sky to virgin. So many of our channels are real lot bad quality. For example I pay for sky sports. Mainly for my sons as he’s a big F1 fan. The F1 channel is so unbelievably bad, quality picture wise. Does anybody know why this is? It was when we were with sky, however it’s a sky sports channel regardless so I’m so confused. Also is there any plan to bring the Disney plus app to virgin? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by poor quality picture?

Are you having picture pixellation and/or breakup? That's a fault if so - and advice can follow.

Or something else? The more info you can give, the better the advice can be. You've mentioned that Sky Sports is part of your subscription, but if your issues are not picture breakup, it may be worth checking if you have the (chargeable) HD supplement in your package - otherwise you'll have these channels in SD which may not help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unfortunately if you're not paying extra for HD on Sky Sports, the SD version of those particular channels is shocking.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamiesjpalmer

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the picture issues you are experiencing with Sky Sports channels, I'm sorry for the impact this has made on your son's enjoyment of the F1.

What issues have you been facing with the picture - is it pixelated? Have you checked all the cables between your TV box and TV are securely connected?

Regarding Disney+, it will be available on our new service Stream from Wednesday 27 April. New and existing Disney+ subscribers can add Disney+ to their Virgin Media bill through My Virgin Media.

Kind regards,

Serena

Just looking at ‘stream’ i already have virgin installed so I don’t need a stream box, but can I still access Disney plus without having to get a stream box which I don’t need? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Stream is for broadband-only customers. If you already have VM-TV, you can have additional boxes but not a stream box.

Disney+ may or may not be coming to 360/V6 (if anyone in VM knows, they'll be under NDA), but any internet-connected TV might have it in the meantime.

I'm still not clear if the "quality" issue reported in this thread is pixellation/picture breakup, or something else. And if it's the problem of the SD channels being upscaled to HD, then the £7/month HD supplement seems to me, the most cost-effective option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamiesjpalmer

Good news. Disney+ has now been added to the 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali