cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing sound delay

Jonnyjonny14
Tuning in

Ever since I’ve renewed my contract and the v6 settings have updated (new menu), the sound has been all over the place. Sometimes coming before video and sometimes after. Yes there is an adjustment in the menu but the sound delay changes during the program/film etc. 
Plus the change of channel, it’s different and I have to revisit the sound delay menu to match the speech with video. 
My tv is through a sound system. Worked perfectly before the update. I updated my hdmi cable to the best available, no change. 

Tried the turn off, turn on usual. Doesn’t work. 
£100 a month. I just want it to work. 

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jonnyjonny14 wrote:

Ever since I’ve renewed my contract and the v6 settings have updated (new menu), the sound has been all over the place.

Does this mean you've converted your V6 into the 360-software? in the top-right of your box menu, next to the video preview screen, do you have the TiVo logo?

If not, then you don't have a V6 anymore but you now have a 360 - perhaps post a picture of your menus if you want someone else to check.

It's not a problem, but let's check now as it will alter the advice we give.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The virgin engineer did all the work when he installed our additional box. 

info menu in settings says it’s version 4.31 360 box. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, you don't have a V6 anymore, you now have a 360. I've moved your post to the 360 board. Better to find out now!

Others on here have 360 and are better placed to advise.

@Jonnyjonny14to make sure you pick up this (now moved) thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jonnyjonny14,

Did you or the engineer set your sound system to work with the 360 software?

If not you can manually setup the remote to control your amp/sound bar by going to Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issues persist then go to  Settings > Audio & Video 

I have mine set to follow content.
You can also try different settings there such as  disabled or Dolby Audio to always convert

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

There's lots of help and tips on the 360 here  help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Jonnyjonny14,

If you are connected 360 to TV's hdmi / arc connector I would suggest you try connecting to a non arc hdmi and connect the 360 to your soundbar using a fibre optic cable if you have one handy and set dolby to follow content.

This works for some people but unfortunately not for everyone.

Roy

depending on your soundbar connections you could try the 360 to an HDMI input and then the HDMI out to a non arc HDMI on your TV, without a fibre optic cable.