cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Home Screen background

LenG
On our wavelength

Up until recently when I hit the Home button I got the selector bar with current/recent/recorded programs offered below.  Above continued to show whatever was playing when I hit Home,

Then I checked out the Movies and Boxed Sets option and found something I thought might be interesting (The Flight Attendant) so I started watching that.  I found I did not like it so deleted the show from my listings but the full-screen banner for the show, complete with "press ... to watch" now replaces the running show in the upper half of the screen.  This is irritating in that I will never want to watch the show any further and I can't keep an eye on the current program while using the Home screen.

How do I dismiss this banner and get back to the original behaviour?

12 REPLIES 12

LenG
On our wavelength

hehe, you have more endurance than me.  I managed to get 10 minutes into episode one before deciding I could better spend my time cutting my toenails.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LenG wrote:

I don't recall doing anything to trigger an upgrade myself but I do wonder if what I was given at install was a box with V6 software and a TV360 controller which for some  reason upgraded the box software during my early use.

Hi @LenG 

The  V6 boxes download TV 360 over the internet. 5 days after the 360 remotes arrive in the post the boxes will automatically upgrade themselves, unless the customer triggers the software update sooner by following the instructions that came with the remotes

The Home Screen background is changed automatically by VM whenever they are promoting an event or series, once that event/series advertorial period ends then the Home Screen reverts back to it's "normal" display. (At present it's promoting the Champions League Final which is free to view for everyone)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

LenG
On our wavelength

@newapollo wrote:

@LenG wrote:

I don't recall doing anything to trigger an upgrade myself but I do wonder if what I was given at install was a box with V6 software and a TV360 controller which for some  reason upgraded the box software during my early use.

Hi @LenG 

The  V6 boxes download TV 360 over the internet. 5 days after the 360 remotes arrive in the post the boxes will automatically upgrade themselves, unless the customer triggers the software update sooner by following the instructions that came with the remotes

The Home Screen background is changed automatically by VM whenever they are promoting an event or series, once that event/series advertorial period ends then the Home Screen reverts back to it's "normal" display. (At present it's promoting the Champions League Final which is free to view for everyone)

Hi @newapollo

I have seen no adverts since the Flight Attendant went away.  At the moment I still see the current show playing in the upper screen.  I did make one change to the settings (no personal recommendations).  Could that have prevented the new billboard from showing?