cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Home Screen background

LenG
On our wavelength

Up until recently when I hit the Home button I got the selector bar with current/recent/recorded programs offered below.  Above continued to show whatever was playing when I hit Home,

Then I checked out the Movies and Boxed Sets option and found something I thought might be interesting (The Flight Attendant) so I started watching that.  I found I did not like it so deleted the show from my listings but the full-screen banner for the show, complete with "press ... to watch" now replaces the running show in the upper half of the screen.  This is irritating in that I will never want to watch the show any further and I can't keep an eye on the current program while using the Home screen.

How do I dismiss this banner and get back to the original behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Have you recently upgraded from V6 to 360 because I have never seen the channel you were watching to continue playing behind the Home button options and at the moment it's advertising The Flght Attendant on Sky max, it usually advertising something and other people have asked how to change it but you cannot change it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you take a photo of this banner and post it onto this thread?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LenG
On our wavelength

This is what my Home Screen now looks like.  Previously the area containing the poster was the current playing programme.

Current Home ScreenCurrent Home Screen

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't have a V6, you have a TV360 

I've moved this post from the V6 forum to the TV360 section, the regulars there may be able to advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Community elder

Have you recently upgraded from V6 to 360 because I have never seen the channel you were watching to continue playing behind the Home button options and at the moment it's advertising The Flght Attendant on Sky max, it usually advertising something and other people have asked how to change it but you cannot change it.

LenG
On our wavelength

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry about the mixup over box type - when I first ordered my Virgin system the box on offer was the V6.  It appears the only way to easily distinguish between the V6 and TV360 is by the type of remote and I do indeed have TV360 remotes.  I've been poking around and all the recommendations stuff came in with TV360 so I'm left wondering if I didn't have a fully functional setup until I inadvertently triggered something by using "box sets and movies" for the first time.

Anyway, it looks as if I can't get rid of the banner.  I just wish it was something less obtrusive.  The fact that it is a show I've tried and dislike (intensely) just adds annoyance.

I'll acknowledge the help even though it didn't tell me what I wanted to hear on the "don't shoot the messenger" principle.

LenG
On our wavelength
Well, now, the latest news is that the advert has gone away and I am back to the original behaviour of the top half of the home screen showing whatever was going on when I pressed the home button.

** Perplexed **

roy247
Community elder

Yes the advert has gone away, maybe I have got too used to seeing an advert for something or other when pressing the Home button, and you were right about the flight attendant I tried watching the first series and gave up after 2 episodes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LenG wrote:

It appears the only way to easily distinguish between the V6 and TV360 is by the type of remote and I do indeed have TV360 remotes.

A good analogy would be a laptop (the hardware) capable of running Windows 10 or Windows 11 - very different software.

It sounds like you had V6 originally, and converted your boxes into TV360 at some point. Your boxes then ceased being V6 and became TV360, but using the same box (hardware)

LenG
On our wavelength

I don't recall doing anything to trigger an upgrade myself but I do wonder if what I was given at install was a box with V6 software and a TV360 controller which for some  reason upgraded the box software during my early use.