cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 360 box back to V6?

Fox35
Up to speed

I know the official answer is "No!" and its a "one way track", but I have read a couple of posts on here were 1 or 2 customers have succesfully managed to change their TV360 boxes and accounts back to the V6. So what was the pocedure to do so?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In short there isn’t any official way.

This week VM have stopped selling “standard” TiVO boxes to new customers & removed the TV only products from sale. This is the first stage of eventually removing the TiVO platform that V6 also runs on altogether.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fox35 wrote:

I know the official answer is "No!" and its a "one way track", but I have read a couple of posts on here were 1 or 2 customers have succesfully managed to change their TV360 boxes and accounts back to the V6.

I don't think there's ever been a documented success of anyone doing this.

You've said yourself, the answer is no - and if there was an undocumented way of reverting to TiVo/V6, then an official VM forum isn't the place it would be discussed.

A conversion from TiVo/V6 to V360 is a one-way trip. I've known a couple of customers first-hand, who were offered disconnection of their TV service in lieu of reverting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your replies. I did read on here a while back from a poster who was successful at haggling with VM and manged to revert back to the V6 after negotiaing with them. Unfortunatley the poster did not go into detail on how he managed this. I will scroll through past posts to try and find it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are the issues you have with your TV360?

Perhaps others who use 360 may be able to help with resolving whatever problem you have - that may be a better use of your time, I suspect.

If it's an issue about missing - or different - functionality, then that clearly won't apply.