cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CatchUp from Guide not working

BrynClarke
On our wavelength

If I go to the Guide and select a BBC programme (Panorama today) that was on earlier today, It no longer takes me into iPlayer to watch it.  It just me the option to a record or Episodes, and if I select today’s episode it just takes me to Record or Episodes.  If I manually launch the iPlayer app, I can watch the episode no problem.  Similarly, if a programme has started and I press the “…” button, most times I do not get the option to “Watch from start”.  This was all working fine a few weeks ago.

2 REPLIES 2

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BrynClarke

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, if you perform a full reboot of the box - are you still unable to access via the guide?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BrynClarke wrote:

if a programme has started and I press the “…” button, most times I do not get the option to “Watch from start”.  This was all working fine a few weeks ago.

Hi @BrynClarke 

If a program is available to watch from start you will see the icon listed in the EPG, there is no need to press the contextual button (...) to see that option.

The "watch from start" icon is available on that Panorama program now via the 360 EPG. Clicking on the program now brings up a screen where you can click "Watch" which opens the iPlayer and plays the program without having to search for it.

It may be that it wasn't available with the "watch from start" function at the time as it was a late program change (Panorama doesn't usually air on a Tuesday) and VM hadn't received the info in time to update the EPG.

The Start Over (watch from start) feature is not available on all channels. Basically it's like pressing the green button on a freeview box on say BBC 1 and being able to play the current program from the start.

If you look at programs in the EPG that have Start Over then they have a symbol next to them, a white anti clockwise rotating arrow with a play button inside it. (Screenshot at the bottom.)

If it's greyed out then it's only available on catch up.  Most BBC programs have it.

There's no need to press the contextual (...) button on the remote to use the feature, as if it's available it will be clearly visible in the EPG, and as far as I'm aware Start Over isn't shown when pressing the contextual button. Just click on the program name in the EPG then a box will pop up giving you the option of watching live or from the start.

StartoverStartover

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali