cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch Up TV Oddity?

deans6571
Wise owl

Last night, I went to watch the first episode of The Holiday, which was on Ch5 on Tuesday evening. 

I thought it would be available on Catch Up - so I found the program in the Guide (by going back to Tuesday) but was dismayed when I noticed the ‘Catch Up’ icon was actually missing from the program entry in the Guide (the icon is that triangular ‘Play’ icon surrounded by a circle) :

FE11E523-A5DA-40E6-B698-F41B3EECAF5A.jpeg

This meant that according to the Guide, the program was NOT available for Catch Up. 

BUT - when I then manually navigated to the Catch Up apps and specifically chose the ‘My 5’ Catch Up app, it couldn’t understand why the same program and episode (so Episode 1) WAS indeed available to watch :

76237B42-07F0-4A28-97D2-0447B8C94A76.jpeg

This makes no sense? Why is this program and episode NOT showing in the Guide as available to watch from Catch Up? Is this a bug?

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The streaming apps are provided by the broadcasters themselves, whereas VM OnDemand programmes are loaded onto their servers for direct playout. The same programme, but two different ways of delivering it to your box. VM OnDemand usually gives a better experience, but some content is app-specific - this is exactly the same, regardless of V6 or 360.

As it happens, E1 of The Holiday has already been raised as a missing asset and is the same on TiVo/V6. E4 plays fine on my V6 via OD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

deans6571
Wise owl

Deleted. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The streaming apps are provided by the broadcasters themselves, whereas VM OnDemand programmes are loaded onto their servers for direct playout. The same programme, but two different ways of delivering it to your box. VM OnDemand usually gives a better experience, but some content is app-specific - this is exactly the same, regardless of V6 or 360.

As it happens, E1 of The Holiday has already been raised as a missing asset and is the same on TiVo/V6. E4 plays fine on my V6 via OD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

Appreciate that quick response - that would explain my issue!

😊