Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant record tv programmes?

KGray18
Tuning in

Get error message stating unable go record. Is this fur yo poor wifi signal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When trying to play a recording - Error message CS2217 - Failed to play recording 

When in BBC IPlayer - error message CS2400

Also - keep logging me out of APP's

Confused and disapointed..  do I need an engineer?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

Do you get an error number CS6002 or something similar?

If you have more than one box which box is the error on main 360 box or a mini box, or do you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes.

2 upgraded V6 boxes. One TV took hours to upgrade to TV360

roy247
Community elder

If you can post the error message that might help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KGray18 wrote:

Get error message stating unable go record. Is this fur yo poor wifi signal

Live TV doesn't use the internet.

What is the error code you get when you try to record?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When trying to play a recording - Error message CS2217 - Failed to play recording 

When in BBC IPlayer - error message CS2400

Also - keep logging me out of APP's

Confused and disapointed..  do I need an engineer?

Any help appreciated 

roy247
Community elder

You said one of the boxes took 'hours' to upgrade do both boxes appear to work OK, can you pause live TV on both boxes or rewind the live TV you have been watching, this would give the hard drive's a quick check. Can you set programs to record on both boxes.

The recordings you get the error code with is the error code on both boxes, or just when you stream the recording from box to box. You can check your network connections if you press Home, Settings, Network, Diagnostics. You should have, Signal Quality Good, and 3 green ticks.

Are both boxes set to fast start or active start, and have you tried rebooting the boxes by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug.

You could also try a factory reset of the boxes.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset.

You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If you do have a faulty box the factory reset might make it fail, if it does you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Hey @KGray18,
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV boxes at the moment, are these errors happening on all of your boxes?

Are you able to connect any of your boxes via ethernet cable? 

The error, when you are trying to watch recordings, if you haven't already, please can you turn the TV box off at the wall, check all the cables are firmly plugged in to the TV box, and then turn it back on?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Unable to connect an ethernet as hub 2 floors away. 

Trying a factory reset