cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling upgrade

davedicko
Dialled in

I have just received my new remote therefore the ‘up grade’ is happening in the the next couple of days however there are too many features that are missing in the new software for a so called’upgrade’and would like to cancel the‘upgrade’

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I strongly suspect it's too late.

You can't revert from 360 to TiVo/V6. Once the migration process has started, I suspect it can't be stopped - especially if you've received the remotes.

Personally, I'd call in (purely in the interests of expediency). I'm 99% sure you'll be told no, but there's no harm in asking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Just to add to japitts answer you will have to select the " I am thinking of leaving option " to speak to someone who might be willing to do anything.

@japitts wrote:

I strongly suspect it's too late.

You can't revert from 360 to TiVo/V6. Once the migration process has started, I suspect it can't be stopped - especially if you've received the remotes.

Personally, I'd call in (purely in the interests of expediency). I'm 99% sure you'll be told no, but there's no harm in asking.

....when you receive the 360 remote, I'm pretty sure you then have to initialise the update from the V6 Home Menu, no (the update doesn't happen automatically just because you have the remote) ? 

So all the OP has to do, if he doesn't want the update, is to not initialize it....

Feel free to correct me if this is incorrect!

stephentucker
Up to speed

@davedicko wrote:

I have just received my new remote therefore the ‘up grade’ is happening in the the next couple of days however there are too many features that are missing in the new software for a so called’upgrade’and would like to cancel the‘upgrade’

With respect, why on earth did you agree to upgrade and then afterwards look it into what changes it actually entailed?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've a feeling there's a time limit, that if you don't click on the menu icon in x many days, then it's forced on you.

Like I said, happy to be proven wrong - but I'd recommend @davedicko calls in sooner rather than later. If the process can be stopped at VM's end, that's by far the easier solution. I just don't think it can be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 

I didn’t receive my TV 360 by migration of my V6 but believe that a V6 will migrate automatically after a number of days from receipt of the new remote.

You automatically get a 14-day 'cooling-off period' when you buy something you haven't seen in person - unless it's bespoke or made to measure. The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order, and there doesn't need to be anything wrong with the item for you to get a refund.

Virgin ought to make that clear! Probably in the very small print though!

You automatically get a 14-day 'cooling-off period' when you buy something you haven't seen in person - unless it's bespoke or made to measure. The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order, and there doesn't need to be anything wrong with the item for you to get a refund.

Probably in the small print but Virgin must let you know this!

Because I incorrectly thought that Virgin Media would have released a software that was comparable in features than the one they were replacing!!!! also i’m a bit thick obviously.