cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the TV 360 remote control Amazon Fire TV Cube?

kitenski
On our wavelength

just completed my OTA upgrade from V6, seemingly a much snappier interface so far.

However on testing Disney the sound on my Sonos soundbar stopped completely, then everything else had no sound.

I flicked over to the Fire TV Cube and sounds was restored, and then jumping back to the TV360 sound was restored.

So wondering if I can setup the TV360 remote to work on the Fire TV Cube at all?

Thanks,

Greg

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Greg,

According to the community forums the 360 doesn't support the fire tv cube, although according to the amazon website the new version (not the oldder ones) of the cube which is due to be released on 27th October does support it.

You pay you money and take your chances - I would hope that Amazon would refund if not compatable

See /Tech-Chatter/Fire-TV-cube-2022-3rd-gen-version 

EDIT - there is nothing showing in the 360 Settings that relates to any Amazon devices.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The below is a question and answer reply one of the questions on the above linked Amazon page.

Answer:
Is the same OS so operating will be same as original Cube , but the Original Cube should control through the IR extender which is an optional extra on this version If the original does not this one will be the same , Unlikely it will do what you wanting ,
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, but it was the other way around that I was asking, ie could the TV360 remote be used to control the Fire TV cube?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kitenski, 

Thank you for your reply, our remotes work with our boxes we cannot guarantee they will work with thrid party devices.

Zoie