cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see recordings in saved list that are pin protected

amsquared
On our wavelength

Recordings which are PIN protected eg the rerun of Red Show Diaries on C5 don't appear in my list of saved or future recordings. If I press record in the guide I am asked for the PIN and I get confirmation that the series recording has been set.

If I scroll back through the TV Guide to when the show was aired the programme has been recorded and has the red dot against it. When I click on the recorded programme in the guide I can view the recording and I can also see the future recordings in the series.

Can this be managed through pin settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi amsquared,

I've just experimented and the TV Guide has a padlock against Red Shoe Diaries and shows Adults Only instead of the program title.

Under parentaI controls I have the watershed recordings pin set to off but still needed to enter the pin to set the recording for Red Shoe Diaries.

Oddly enough Naked Attraction, which shows far more of the human anatomy  doesn't have the padlock or need a pin number.

Do you see the program if you go to Saved > Planned recordings and click on Adult recordings which is a tab just below there?

On the screen that opens the first option is for recorded. If you click on that it should show those recordings.

Mine currently shows no recordings as I've just set up a series link recording starting from tonight's Red Shoe Diaries to test it.

From that screen if I click on Recorded (in red)  a new box opens which gives the option to check Planned recordings - mine shows tonight's planned recording, and if I click on it then it also shows the future series link recordings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, as far as I'm aware you shouldn't need to enter your pin to set the recording. But when you select to play the recording that's where you will need the pin. If you dont have any children in the house you can remove the pin in the settings if that helps. 

Thanks Joe. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi amsquared,

I've just experimented and the TV Guide has a padlock against Red Shoe Diaries and shows Adults Only instead of the program title.

Under parentaI controls I have the watershed recordings pin set to off but still needed to enter the pin to set the recording for Red Shoe Diaries.

Oddly enough Naked Attraction, which shows far more of the human anatomy  doesn't have the padlock or need a pin number.

Do you see the program if you go to Saved > Planned recordings and click on Adult recordings which is a tab just below there?

On the screen that opens the first option is for recorded. If you click on that it should show those recordings.

Mine currently shows no recordings as I've just set up a series link recording starting from tonight's Red Shoe Diaries to test it.

From that screen if I click on Recorded (in red)  a new box opens which gives the option to check Planned recordings - mine shows tonight's planned recording, and if I click on it then it also shows the future series link recordings

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo I can now see the planned and saved recordings under that adult tab as you suggest.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Glad to help amsquared.

If you ever need any help or pointers just pop on the forums. We are always pleased to help if possible.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.