cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair remote to sharp tv. Is there a supported device list somewhere ?

mcducky
Joining in

I have a virgin tv 360 and an older umc made sharp tv, model LC-40CFE5221K. It uses an RF remote if that makes a difference.

I got the turning on and off (One Power ) via CEC working on my tv, but can't seem to get the volume part working (pair remote).

Is there a list of supported devices somewhere so I can see if my tv is supported ? I have codes for my tv, is there anywhere I can manually type them ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

A list of supported devices, I think the quick answer is no. I assume it doesn't recognize the model number so the only option is to go through all the Sharp options using the volume test. I don't suppose it recognises UMC.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mcducky 

Go to Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices >  TV Set up  > on the pair remote screen scroll down to the S section in the alphabetical list then select Sharp.

Enter the device model number as 5221 and press OK on the 360 remote.

Once that's done the 360 remote should be paired.

Make sure Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control  is set to TV and click the back button on the 360 to save the setting

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, I wasn't sure which model number to use before.

5221 finds a match, but unfortunately the volume didn't work for sharp, or umc.

I also tried all the key testing options for both sharp and umc, without luck.

I guess it is either go through all the key tests, or accept this tv isn't supported (If you have an old device, pairing might not work).