cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t pair remote to my sharp tv?

Jodyhall
Joining in

Hi I’ve just got virgin installed today and have 2 mini boxes now I have a sharp aquos 2T-C42CCG5KG2FB I’ve tried the tv and 0 for 10 seconds and it won’t do anything with my tv just the mini box won’t turn tv on or off or turn volume up or down. I’d love to just have 1 remote any idea’s please?  Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jodyhall 

A lot of forum users have managed  to pair the remotes by replacing the batteries with new ones.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried entering 4 characters from the model number, 2T-C42CG5KG2FB, usually 4 after the screen size, so try CG5KG, G5KG, 5KG2 and so on.

Yes sadly it doesn’t seam to recognise it not sure why as it’s a newish tv only around 9 months old and it’s a smart tv xx

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jodyhall 

A lot of forum users have managed  to pair the remotes by replacing the batteries with new ones.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Jodyhall, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with pairing your remote. 

I can see that newapollo has given some great advice and you've marked the answer as helpful. I'm hoping this means that the issue has been resolved for you. If not and you're still having a problem then please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs