cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Sony Bravia TV remote to operate TV360 box??

Ripp
Up to speed

On TV I've done this:

Settings/Watching TV/External Inputs/TV Box Setup/TV Box Control Setup/Setup

Then I am asked to select the correct input that the TV 360 box is connected to so I select HDMI 1

It then searched for the box and asks me to select my provider so I select Virgin Media

I'm then presented with a picture in picture display on my TV that shows what channel my TV 360 is playing and and I'm asked to press the 'prog up' button on my Sony remote to make sure that the channel actually changes in the picture in picture view of my 360 box but the channel does not change and the Sony remote does not control the 360 box at all. 

Has anyone successfully managed to control the 360 box using a Sony Bravia remote?

37 REPLIES 37

I never managed to sort it on mine, Sony customer service never replied. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Very sorry to hear that @Ripp

Did the following process advised above not rectify the issue for you? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No it didn't unfortunately. 

I am really sorry Ripp

It does sound like you need to successfully contact Sony, sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On your Sony TV have you got the HDMI-CEC settings turned on ?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00126149 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My TV's menu differs from that shown in that link but under Settings/Watching TV/External Inputs/Bravia Sync Settings, Bravia Sync Control is turned on. 

sureshksw
Joining in

Hi,

Finally got mine connected to Virgin Media box. Feels like winning a million dollar lottery!

Like Silevershark mentioned, go to Settings > channels & inputs > external inputs > TV box setup > setup by model number > TV box > set up > then pick your HDMI input > then type in ziggo >

At this point it ask for a model number  

Type  - DCX960 (a random ziggo model number i found on google)

and fingures crossed  you could change channels using Sony Remote! 

Hope it works.

Thanks  - Suresh

Nice work! I'll give that a go this afternoon after work. 

That's worked for me too.... feels like we've raised The Titanic 🙂. Many thanks all.

YES!!!! IT WORKS!!! Nice work man, thank you. 

My TV menu was slightly different so for anyone else who has a similar menu to mine, this is what I did:

Settings/Watching TV/External Inputs/TV Box Setup/Setup By Model Number/Setup/Select your HDMI that your Virgin Box is in/Type in Ziggo and press Enter/Select Ziggo and press OK/Type in DCX960 and press Enter/Select DCX960 and press OK

At this point you are asked to check that it is worky ok, which it should be. 

Again, nice work Suresh 🙂

•