cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Sony Bravia TV remote to operate TV360 box??

Ripp
Up to speed

On TV I've done this:

Settings/Watching TV/External Inputs/TV Box Setup/TV Box Control Setup/Setup

Then I am asked to select the correct input that the TV 360 box is connected to so I select HDMI 1

It then searched for the box and asks me to select my provider so I select Virgin Media

I'm then presented with a picture in picture display on my TV that shows what channel my TV 360 is playing and and I'm asked to press the 'prog up' button on my Sony remote to make sure that the channel actually changes in the picture in picture view of my 360 box but the channel does not change and the Sony remote does not control the 360 box at all. 

Has anyone successfully managed to control the 360 box using a Sony Bravia remote?

37 REPLIES 37

No worries, thanks for your help. I will actually contact Sony, good idea. 

Thanks Dave. I updated my V6 box to 360 at which point my Sony bravia remote couldn't work the box anymore, but searching for Ziggo did the trick 👍

Where exactly did you search for Ziggo? I've tried that on my TV and nothing shows up?

I went Settings > channels & inputs > external inputs > TV box setup > setup by model number > TV box > set up > then pick your HDMI input > then type in ziggo > then type in media box. Fingers crossed!

Pretty sure I tried that already but I'll give it another go. 

OK so:

Settings > channels & inputs > external inputs > TV box setup > setup by model number > TV box > set up > then pick your HDMI input > then typed in ziggo

Then it asks me to Select Your Manufacturer and gives me two options:

Ziggo (the one I typed in) & No Manufacturer

When I select Ziggo it then asks me to search by model number?

At that point I searched for "media box" and it found it.

Ah I see, mine doesn't find anything at that point 😞

Frustrating. Mine is a 2021 model, maybe Sony have updated the software? Worth dropping Sony a line though.

Same issue on a new Sony KE-48A9.... bit of a battle 😔