cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t find hard drive

R_Workman7
Tuning in

My house had a power cut the other day. And ever since the box has been saying we can’t pause or watch recordings as the hard drive can’t be found. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting the box, to eliminate the basics?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

If you only have the one box and possibly the error CS6002 it sounds like the hard drive has failed, you could try doing a factory reset and if that doesn't resolve the problem you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi R_Workman7, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that there's an issue with your hard on your TV set top box.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.  

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi R_Workman7, thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Do please let us know how the appointment goes. 

Regards

Lee